Raeesdawood

Who has naspers shares?

As the title asks who has naspers shares ?

A mate of mine bought one share at 1900 and yesterday it sat at 2500!!!!

What else do u guys think are good shares to invest in?

I suggested bidvest basically cause they got their hands in everything from the toilet dispensaries to waltons!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I sold my Nasper shares and bought NFEMOM

My favourite stock on the JSE is KAP, they are diversified as hell. I just love them.

Price and growth???

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I own some Naspers shares. Was planning to sell them but they opened quite nicely this morning, so will wait and see a bit.

I read an article now on moneyweb about how big exactly Tencent is and made me wonder if I should not get more Naspers, basically even if all their SA businesses fail, Tencent alone should still be worth more.

Definitely!

Without a doubt, year after year, it performs phenomenally. In my opinion, one would be crazy not to have as much as your risk management allows.

If I weren't so strict on diversity, I'd probably go 100% Naspers. But from a risk point of view that would be silly. Thus, I keep it equal to my other top stocks, but I often regret not having sold everything to buy only Naspers.

It's almost like cryptocurrencies, but without the risk!

Do you guys still own Naspers, I am in two minds if I should buy more of them.

(15 plus year investment horizon) - Just feel they are so big, how much bigger is possible in relation to other JSE stocks?

Do you guys still own Naspers, I am in two minds if I should buy more of them.

(15 plus year investment horizon) - Just feel they are so big, how much bigger is possible in relation to other JSE stocks?

I think the thing about Naspers is that one should actually call it "TenCent" and think about it that way. They bought the rest of takealot last month and even with a fantastic acquisition like that, the Naspers share price went up just a few cents.

So the question is whether or not one has faith in the future of TenCent. On the plus side, it's offshore, so a good Rand hedge. Also, most index funds are US and Europe based with vary little Asian exposure, so it's great for offshore diversification. Finally, as far as Tech goes, I trust the Chinese to keep up with the times and adapt to the changing world.

So yes, for me, I still see long term value in Naspers - not so much for what it can do here (although I do also like that they are slowly selling little bits of Tencent to buy quality SA companies) but it's 30-40% discounted TenCent exposure is superb.

So I'm still buying Naspers.

On 10/24/2018 at 11:17 AM, Outlook said:

This must be the worst year Naspers has ever faced?

Consider it lesson learned, this is a stock which will turn around and kick you when you show doubt. 

I hold Naspers and see the following upside

If the ecommerce takes off they will make big bucks but this is a big risk.

Will get shares in Multichoice I see this as an African play as the SA market is shrinking with all the competition.

They are taking a big bet on fast food delivery.

The downside is the value is all in Ten cent and with 30%+ are they able to extract value from that?

• Like 1