Spreadsheet Ranger

Stock Watch Thread

Shoprite Holdings down 5% - geez

Yes, it's due to Christo Wiese placing 17 million Shoprite shares at 210c a piece to create liquidity for himself.

It should be temporary though and will probably return to normal once the cheap shares are all sold.

Hi all.

I was using MoneyWeb (as a free subscriber) as a stock watch tool. It seems that they want you to now pay for this service...

Any other suggestions/websites that are user friendly to build a simple stock watchlist? 

Thanks

I use Google Sheets.

Steinhoff up 30% -- The greedy person in me is yelling buy this now they still have quality companies.

Steinhoff up 30% -- The greedy person in me is yelling buy this now they still have quality companies.

I read this article yesterday...

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/technology/266609-i-bought-5000-steinhoff-shares-at-r4-24-i-should-have-stuck-to-tech.html

I'm also in two minds about Steinhoff. I guess one should treat it like Crypto's - only buy Steinhoff with money that you're prepared to lose, and then lose it all or become very rich.

The volumes are fairly small though - would have been great for a trade, but I'm not sure if it will maintain those levels.

Capture.JPG.c79043f171768e583bd89de82c4da754.JPG

My gosh, I need to check my EasyE account to see if I got any.

I have the Sygnia ITRIX one.

Oh wait whoop whoop I see dividends for Itrix Japan and MSCI World

I need to go look where the INDI dividents are...

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

Oh my goodness - I think I was looking at the wrong SENS announcement. Satrix Indi only pays out on 18 July. That's what happens when you're working at 2:00 am! 

Capture.thumb.JPG.2c41d62f331d9fc4a6f6da812f0bdd1d.JPG

Ahhh -- almost phoned EasyE.

Where do you see upcoming dividends -- It would be awesome if we had a thread called "Recent Dividends" or "Upcoming Dividends"

The info is quite easy to get with Standard Bank OST. You can also choose to have the announcements for the securities on your watchlist e-mailed to you as an alert for free. I guess we have to get something back for the crazy prices they charge!

Capture.JPG.dd176715f41059b6128802c956843521.JPG

Yeah, but it costs an arm and a leg - R109 per month and roughly R135 per transaction. The fees statement each month is like reading a horror novel.

That being said, they do have everything a trader/investor could ever want in terms of resources.

Look at you Spreadsheet Ranger!!!!. I really do wish I had taken that risk too, but I've been too chicken to jump in. Get that Bread Ranger!!

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Just me or does 2018 look like a terrible year for South Africa, actually since 2016 our JSE seems to be slaughtered.

JSE:AXL African Phoenix. This share has proved to be no Phoenix. It's nothing but a NightOwl ....FLY BY NIGHT.