-
Posts
1,979 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
32
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Articles
Everything posted by Spreadsheet Ranger
-
Ahh sweet! Thanks for the heads up.
-
A lot!
-
No idea, but if I was to guess it would be related to the CEO that resigned and some overspill showing its head now and insiders making a move. How on earth the JSE even allows them to list is questionable in itself.
-
Ahh makes sense. I want some of that solar fund!
-
@Groovy did you get some Sea Harvest?
-
Private Placement of shares in Foresight Solar Fund Ltd. Overview Foresight Solar Fund Ltd. Is a Jersey registered, closed-end investment company that invests in a portfolio of predominantly UK operated solar plants. The company had its IPO on the main board of the London Exchange in 2013, in which way it managed to raise £150 million. The company’s solar farms generate 470 MW of clean energy, which does not sound like much compared to big coal and gas powered stations. The company operates 18 ground based solar power plants with a gross asset value of £650 million that it earns a 1% management fee on. The investment managers do not have performance fees or acquisition fees. This will be the first fund, on the JSE, that solely invests in solar or renewable energy. I do believe renewable and green energy is the future of energy and one day the world will be without fossil fuels, this transition will come sooner rather than later. We see the evidence with the major strides that companies like Tesla are doing in this particular industry and countries like Sweden that aims to be completely dependent on renewable energy by the year 2040. IPO details The investment team, that manages the fund, started in 2007 and launched their first fund in 2008. The company is looking to raise £50 million (R784 million) in the local market with a minimum of 250 million shares. RMB will be the sole bookrunner of the deal. Investment Policy The company will mainly invest in "ground based, operational solar assets, predominantly in the UK". The part of the investment that does not fit "Operational and UK based" will not exceed 25% of the investment. The company also highlighted the fact that although it’s not part of their investment policy, they will keep dividend growth constant at a rate of inflation. The company’s current investment policy does not allow for financial gearing, but will seek to get investor approval and include gearing as part of their mandate. "Foresight Solar Fund will see to achieve these returns through active management of its solar power plants in accordance with Foresight Solar Fund’s investment policy and will look to grow its investment portfolio through additional asset acquisitions throughout its life."
-
Not at all, costs should be the same as far as I am concerned.
-
How does this bitcoin unlimited business work? Is this a new bitcoin or the same? Should I rather buy BTU, will it be cheaper than BTC?
-
What do you do to make extra income?
Spreadsheet Ranger replied to LentilSoup's topic in General Finance
I like this idea, I wonder how profitable they really are: http://veldmuis.co.za/services/ So they basically distribute 5000 of these little booklets (http://veldmuis.co.za/editions/) every friday for free, asking for companies to advertise in the booklets. I like this idea, I wonder what printing 5000 8 page booklets costs? -
Are you running a website?
Spreadsheet Ranger replied to Spreadsheet Ranger's topic in Business Finance
@Rian Visser correct. I overlooked that. I edited the OP. Out of curiosity how many page views does 5000 unique visitors generate? I understand that probably differs a lot depending on the website. Example a blog vs a news site where 1 unique visitor will probably only read the article and leave (1 page view - 1 unique visitor) compared to a blog where 1 unique visitor might read 2 - 3 blog posts resulting in 1 unique visitor generating 2 - 3 pages views. Rough examples there. -
Major DDOS attacks on the bitcoin.com website happening. Seems the fork is creating a bad relationship breakup. https://news.bitcoin.com/ddos-attacks-bitcoin-com-uncensored-information/
-
Why is everything red again. I just hope the Indi keeps going so I can sell at 7000
-
Oh wow. That is hectic.
-
What are those asterisks? Ie what additional costs do they hide. Then out of curiosity, do they have a minimum buy in or can I buy R100 worth of shares and I only pay 0.3%?
-
I woke up today, quite positive after watching a documentary last night about buffet the one here: Buffet Then I opened my one account and this is what I see today.
-
Hey! Bitcoinzar.co.za welcome to the forum!
-
AXL massive massive massive volumes, yet that share either moves back or moves nothing. Why! World, why?
-
March 2017 sees the launch of another big IPO in the fisheries industry. Sea Harvest Group Limited is due to list on the 23rd of this month. Sea Harvest will join Oceana and Premier Food Fishing (listed last month) as the companies offering the most direct exposure to the fisheries industry. [align=justify]Investing in AVI or Brimstone Investment Corporation offers exposure to I&J and Sea Harvest respectively, but you would be buying into diversified portfolios and would gain exposure to several companies within the food and beverage sector as well as the healthcare and insurance sectors. [/align] Brief overview of Sea Harvest: [align=justify]The Sea Harvest Group was established in 1964 and is a market-leading, vertically integrated fishing business with operations in South Africa and Australia. The group operates in Saldanha Bay and Mossel Bay, and the company acquired a controlling stake in Mareterram in Australia. [/align] [align=justify]The principal business of the Group is fishing of MSC-certified Cape hake and Shark Bay tiger and king prawns, processing of the catch into frozen and chilled seafood, and the marketing of these products, locally and internationally. Sea Harvest is the leading frozen fish brand in South Africa in both retail (with a 36.7% market share) and food service, with strong consumer loyalty and brand equity. [/align] [align=justify]The Group is one of the largest fishing rights holders in the South African Cape hake industry, with 28% of the hake TAC (total allowable catch) equating to 41,676 tons, and 56% of the prawn licences in Shark Bay, Western Australia. [/align] What’s the reason for the IPO? Management have given several reasons for the listing: Support management’s strategy of continuing to invest in the business, improve margins and grow organically Support the group’s vision of becoming a diversified global fishing company through value-creating acquisitions Clean up the balance sheet by repaying bank debt, preference shares, shareholder loans and creating a ’war-chest’ for growth Provide ongoing access to capital markets and the ability to use scrip as currency to support Sea Harvest’s growth strategy, both in South Africa and Australia Allows a mechanism for management and staff retention Is it a profitable business? [align=justify]It is worth noting that the fishing industry has very high barriers of entry due to the large capital costs, BEE requirements and government regulations. Sea Harvest has invested in 29 vessels (a mix of frozen and fresh) as well as three factories (which have an insurance value in excess of R1bn). It is very difficult for smaller players to compete with the bigger established companies, and therefore one could argue that profits are somewhat protected. [/align] [align=justify]Furthermore, BEE is a critical part of the rights allocation process in South Africa, and Sea Harvest is one of the most empowered fishing companies. In a recent conversation, CIO Muhammad Brey was quite upbeat at the prospect of at least securing a similar quota during the 2020 allocation process given the company’s BEE credentials. [/align] [align=justify]Furthermore, there has been an increased demand for seafood as we see a growing wellness trend and switch to healthy proteins with lower fat. This bodes well for the industry. [/align] [align=justify]As a company, Sea Harvest has seen a steady growth rate in profitability. EBITDA increased 14%,15% and 19% respectively for 2014,2015 and 2016. Return on equity over the same period was 18%, 27% and 33%. The most profitable divisions are the export market (hence a rand hedge) and also local retail and food service. The diversified local and international customer base (no customer accounts for more than 10%) reduces the concentration risk as it is not overly dependent on one client. [/align] [align=justify]Buying Sea Harvest shares will give you ownership of a company with a strong track record, established brand, solid assets and experienced management team. I believe the share would suit an investor who is relatively risk averse and looking for a company that will generate reliable earnings. Risks include the negative impact of a strong ZAR on exports, and the quota allocation. [/align]
-
Dammit African Phoenix Investments Ltd (AXLJ) just do not want to fly higher! Two stocks at the moment keeping me back AXL I guess 40% profit is nothing to complain about, but we all know this phoenix can fly so much higher so I must just convince myself not to sell now. Then Taste Holdings, this stock is driving me up the wall now, no updates from management whatsoever.
-
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/6YAYw4EukUg Divided States of America Two days after the election, Donald Trump and Barack Obama, old antagonists met one another for the first time. There was something surreal about this moment due to the fact that the two had such a bumpy past with Trump publicly questioning the legitimacy of Barack’s presidency stating that he was not born in the United States and now here Barack was sat feet away from president-elect Trump. This led to many asking themselves how in the world did this happen and what have we just gone through? For Trump this was the beginning of a new era and for Obama this moment marked the devastating end to an already difficult presidency. Donald Trump was a rejection of everything Barack Obama stood for, as a candidate, as a politician and ultimately as a president. This 2 episode PBS special Divided States of America examines past events during President Barack Obama’s years in office that revealed deep divisions in the United States. The film itself offers a brilliant in-depth view of the partisan gridlock in Washington, the rise of populist anger on both sides of the aisle, and the racial tensions that erupted throughout the country.
-
I think I wasted most of my morning! You guys can take over from here -> https://twitter.com/TimBukOne/status/840118072786665473
-
-
Urg, such low volumes on AXL again. No news about Taste Holdings perhaps anywhere, dying to know what is going on there. EDIT: Okey I am sorry seems AXL just got a volume injection sitting at over 500K
-
What do you do to make extra income?
Spreadsheet Ranger replied to LentilSoup's topic in General Finance
Oh. Yes haha Outlook is spot on. I also go straight to dev or content or graphic design when I hear freelancer or upwork etc. -
