Jump to content

Spreadsheet Ranger

Platinum Wealth Club Member
  • Posts

    1,979
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    32

Everything posted by Spreadsheet Ranger

  1. Dammit. Now I want Sasol [emoji23]
  2. I would like JSE:KAP --- @Groovy what do you think? I was thinking AXL, but AXL might have too little data available?
  3. Taste Holdings just woke up after nearly 2 years
  4. Not going to lie, I am leaning towards the Iphone. However I do not want to get a contract again so I think the financially smart thing to do would be to buy a phone cash. Drawback, my life resides around it. All my business is conducted on it. Do I want to pay R15K for a phone!?! No. What does the Oneplus 4 go for these days?
  5. I currently have the Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone and it's getting a bit sluggish so will need to look at some options. I must add that I often wonder if these phones are not being interfered with by Samsung somehow since my usage didn't changed over the years yet the phone is noticeably slower, despite me browsing the same websites, using the same apps and playing the same game. Oh well "tin foil" hat views aside, bottom line it's time to upgrade and I want to know what are the options out there for the next top smartphone. I had a look at the Samsung S8 and honestly I am not impressed concidering my current S6 barely lasts 5 hours this new model doesnt exactly have a battery that instils a sense longevity in me since it is only a 3000mAh battery even the 3500mAh Samsung Galaxy S8 plus feels a bit light in the pants for the job at hand. So Samsung is out. Not to mention the little ram that would mean it's not much off a upgrade from my current model. What other options are there or should I skip this years generations and go for a new phone in 2018?
  6. Saw a thread on mybb about a guy looking for microjobs... We could not find a platform for that in SA, might be a idea to create...
  7. AXL is struggling However DBXWD is up yay And finally DBxjp is starting to wake, up
  8. I feel like crying. I know what will happen to my STXIND when Pravin gets fired today.
  9. Hahaha, I vaguely think @Dancshares would know. Last thing I remember was a article about them basically sitting on a lump of cash that they want to invest, but haven't yet, something in those lines. Why the share price just goes down down down I am not sure.
  10. I need more of these!! Gosh I miss the lommy days.
  11. Dammit I've been watching Stor-age SSS for some time was hoping for Axl to rocket up sooner as I was planning to buy some. @Groovy what stocks are you looking at lately?
  12. Choppies snoppies shining today ey
  13. Ahhh man sweet. I cannot wait to sell it at 7000. I wonder how long it would take for the rand to recover from yesterday's saga
  14. Urgh, Axl is making me irritated I have 1k free on my account, what other exciting stock is doing the rounds today, I need something new to climb into.
  15. When does the trial start? Where can we view it?
  16. Oscar was my favorite series of all time, after the OJ Simpson trial, well actually both are right up there.
  17. #VanBreda Judge Siraj Desai says he has made an order cameras can be erected in court to record & broadcast proceedings. GG
  18. NPA concerned about 'Hollywoodising' Van Breda trial Cape Town - The Western Cape High Court grappled with the effect that social media and livestreaming could have on witnesses in the Henri van Breda murder case as Media24 applied on Friday for permission to livestream his trial. Judge Siraj Desai wanted to know whether the company had a television station, and listened carefully as the company's advocate explained how it would work, if granted, when Van Breda's trial begins on Monday. "There is no TV station. But video footage would be broadcast on the website through livestreaming," said Media24's Advocate John Butler SC. Media24 is backing up its application with section 16 of the Constitution which guarantees certain rights to freedom of expression, freedom of the media, and the right to access to information. Butler also argued that allowing the filming enhances the right of access to justice, through providing a way for people not in a position to get to a court, to be able to follow proceedings for themselves. Van Breda's legal team opposed the application on the grounds that filming could impede his right to a fair trial. 'Within seconds everybody knows what's happening' Butler argued for Desai not to grant their request a "blanket" refusal, but to instead allow for an order that can be varied to accommodate different circumstances in the trial. He helped Desai update his social media vocabulary after Desai made a comment that a relative was SMSing a speech of his live, as an example of the immediacy that modern technology has brought. "Tweeting," said Butler gently. Desai said: "In today's age everything is out in the world immediately. Within seconds everybody knows what's happening." He later remarked: "Twitter is one thing, but texting is another. Some people are very good at it; their fingers are faster than their mouth sometimes." Desai heard that precedent had already been set in the live broadcast of the Oscar Pistorius murder trial, in which Judge Thokozile Masipa amended portions of the filming order during the trial to accommodate the wishes of certain witnesses who did not want their image published. Sister to testify In the case of Shrien Dewani, only stills and filming of his arrival and departure were allowed, but this was due to his vulnerable state. The judge eventually discharged the case against murder accused Dewani and he was free to go home. Van Breda is expected to go on trial on Monday to face three counts of murder, one of attempted murder, and one of obstructing the course of justice. His parents, Martin, 54, and Teresa, 55, and his brother Rudi, 22, were axed to death in their home on the luxury De Zalze golf estate in Stellenbosch in the early hours of Tuesday, January 27, 2015. He handed himself to police in June and was granted bail of R100 000 on June 14. His sister Marli, 17, survived the attack, but sustained serious brain injuries and suffered amnesia. She is, however, on the list of State witnesses expected to testify. Careers at risk The counsel for the National Prosecuting Authority, Hilton Epstein, argued that cameras in court put witnesses under pressure and the possibility of being able to follow the trial could see them tailoring evidence. Witnesses customarily sit outside court so that they are not influenced by proceedings, but in present times, information is imposed on people where ever they go, he said. "Why this case? Is this not the Hollywoodisation of open justice?" asked Epstein. Epstein warned that testifying in court is an intimidating experience, and expert witnesses' reputations could be torn to shreds by the public. "What does it do to their career? What does it do to their rights?" asked Epstein. But Desai said: "If an expert is torn to shreds, then he is not an expert." The application continues. News24 http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...trial-20170324
  19. Hello and welcome to the forum! The ALSI thread can definitely use some charts
  20. Please be nice today AXL. It's about time you open those wings little phoenix.
  21. Pistorius was found guilty of culpable homicide but his conviction was overturned by the Supreme Court of Appeal, which found him guilty of murder. The recent judgement of renowned artist Zwelethu Mthethwa also saw cameras inside the courtroom, but not during proceedings. Mthethwa was found guilty of killing sexworker Nokuphila Kumalo. In a different matter, Van Breda and his girlfriend are expected to appear in the Cape Town Magistrates Court on April 11 on charges of drug possession. He is out on R1 000 bail for this charge. Source: http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/van-breda-murder-trial-to-be-live-streamed-8349286 --- I really hope they approve this. I love watching these things.
  22. I use them -> https://www.gt247.com
  23. Attempting to trade the ALSI, got myself a demo account.... All I can say is: Lyrics: [video=youtube]
  24. Where is that TAS trading update the stock is moving, but there is no info out in the public domain that I can find.
×
×
  • Create New...