Jump to content

Spreadsheet Ranger

Platinum Wealth Club Member
  • Posts

    1,979
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    32

Everything posted by Spreadsheet Ranger

  1. Sjoe mediclinic jumped. Luckily my kap is also on track today.
  2. JSE:KAP - I bought it May 09 2014, been buying a little each month ever since.
  3. Those of you with mediclinic stocks must be jumping out of your seats now. http://www.standard.co.uk/business/market-report-mediclinic-fighting-fit-after-abu-dhabi-ditches-charges-a3525286.html It's already up 13% in London so tomorrow the JSE listed one will jump.
  4. I sold my Nasper shares and bought NFEMOM My favourite stock on the JSE is KAP, they are diversified as hell. I just love them.
  5. @Carly1803 give us some updates please
  6. Biggest stock exchanges in the world and how the JSE compares to them. The JSE is ranked 17th in comparison to the worlds biggest stock exchanges measured by market capitalization in US dollars. There are 472 companies listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, compared with 2400 listed companies on the New York Stock Exchange and 5749 listed companies on the Bombay Stock Exchange. The JSE is 128 years old whereas the Frankfurt Stock Exchange is sitting on 431 years of age and the Nasdaq is 45 years old. Stock Exchange Ranks 1 New York Stock Exchange $19.2 Trillion 2 Nasdaq $8.8 Trillion 3 London Stock Exchange $6.2 Trillion 4 Tokyo Stock Exchange $4.5 Trillion 5 Shanghai Stock Exchange $3.9 Trillion 6 Hong Kong Stock Exchange $3.3 Trillion 7 Euronext $3.3 Trillion 8 Toronto Stock Exchange $2.8 Trillion 9 Shenzhen Stock Exchange $2.3 Trillion 10 Frankfurt Stock Exchange $1.8 Trillion 11 Bombay Stock Exchange $1.7 Trillion 12 National Stock Exchange $1.6 Trillion 13 SIX Swiss Exchange $1.5 Trillion 14 Australian Securities Exchange $1.3 Trillion 15 Korea Exchange $1.3 Trillion 16 Nasdaq Exchange $1.2 Trillion 17 Johannesburg Stock Exchange $951 Billion Putting things into perspective if you think about it.
  7. What is the latest on this?
  8. What do you buy/trade what is your style? What I want to do is buy and sell stock like on EasyEquities, but I want the ability to short stocks. I had a look at GT247, but I will buy anyone a bottle of wine who can figure out what goes on there. Then I looked at IG markets, but I am also not really sure what applies to me. I do not want geared positions or anything, just the ability to short a stock.
  9. Hahahaha! Quite a drop
  10. What made you decide to buy STXILB? I had a look at them, but could not make myself a compelling enough case to buy it.
  11. Thank you [emoji1]
  12. I honestly just pray for 6 more days like these please heaven.
  13. I currently own in my TFSA exactly as it is laid out here -> Platinum Wealth E-book Then outside my TFSA I own the following ETFs: Newfunds MAPPS Deutsche Bank DbxJP Deutsche Bank DbxEU CoreShares PropTrax Ten The first ETF I bought was STXIND and I bought it because I opened Google Finance and slate the time frame to MAX and saw 900% return. I bought it without a hesitation. 2016/17 taught me why past performance is an illusion. I am going to sell my STXIND on 7500 cents and then either shift that money accross to my TFSA or I will buy more AXL/Taste other stocks on special #TreatYoSelf I then discovered justonelap.com shortly after I bought that ETF and my all time favourite video became my investing religion: [video=youtube] I then bought the CSEW40 which I held for quite some time, but dropped in favour for NFEMOM in 2016.
  14. Oh my! Not sure how I missed that. Apologies, I will add the Nedbank Professional Banking account tonight.
  15. Do you make more Ebucks back than what you spend on banking fees? I don't mind doing a in depth dive into Ebucks for us. Although I have no idea how ebucks works and just thinking of going back to FNB's website gives me the shivers.
  16. My thinking would be to open it in their normal accounts incase when they turn 18 and decide they would rather want to use that money to buy a house or college or something essentially they decide to withdraw the money. So instead of running the risk of screwing up their TFSA years from now rather open it in a normal account and when they are of age tell them to use the TFSA from the first day they earn a salary. There is definitely argument for both, but personally I would leave the TFSA to the young adult and rather build up a fund for him/her in her/his normal account.
  17. It's a pleasure that's what happens 11 o clock at night.
  18. I did some digging and compared the banking fees of the 5 major South African banks. Feel free to discuss the different bank accounts and make suggestions if you want me to dig deeper at additional information you want to view. Keep in mind that the banks especially FNB has some of the most ridiculous UI and navigation getting to the fees and caveats of each account takes like 5 clicks viewing pages upon pages. I added additional links for each account that goes to the full breakdown of each account. There are a lot of hidden charges so please use the links posted with each bank account to investigate further. Below follows the different bank accounts from Capitec, FNB, Standard Bank, ABSA, and Nedbank and their associated fees: FNB Bank Account Fees: FNB Easy Account - R4.95 per month https://www.fnb.co.za/downloads/pricing-guide/products/Easy_Account_Pricing_Guide_2016-17.pdf FNB Gold cheque account - R100 per month https://www.fnb.co.za/downloads/pricing-guide/products/FNB_PricingGuide_GoldChequeAndCC.pdf FNB Premier Cheque Account - R199 per month https://www.fnb.co.za/downloads/pricing-guide/products/FNB_PricingGuide_PremierChequeAndCC.pdf FNB Private Clients Cheque Account - R285 per month https://www.fnb.co.za/downloads/pricing-guide/Private-Clients-Pricing-guide.pdf FNB Private Wealth Cheque Account - R419.00 per month https://www.fnb.co.za/downloads/pricing-guide/Private-Wealth-Pricing-guide.pdf For Seniors: FNB Encore Gold Cheque Account - R65 per month https://www.fnb.co.za/downloads/pricing-guide/products/FNB_PricingGuide_EncoreGoldAccount.pdf FNB Premier Select for retirees - As a retiree you could pay no monthly cheque account fees if you keep a minimum of R15 000 in any Savings and Cash Investment account and R10 000 in a Premier Select Cheque Account. Plus you can save on your monthly credit card fees and we will match your credit card interest rate. ABSA Bank Account Fees: ABSA Gold Account - R98 per month Minimum income of R10 000 per month https://www.absa.co.za/personal/bank/an-account/gold-account/ ABSA Platinum Account - R159 per month Minimum income of R25 000 per month. https://www.absa.co.za/personal/bank/an-account/platinum-account/ ABSA Islamic Flexi Value Bundle - R55 per month Minimum income between R3 000 and R9 999 per month https://www.absa.co.za/personal/bank/islamic-banking/islamic-flexi-value-bundle/ ABSA Islamic Gold Value Bundle - R98 per month Minimum income of R10 000 per month https://www.absa.co.za/personal/bank/islamic-banking/islamic-gold-value-bundle/ ABSA Islamic Platinum Value Bundle - R149 per month Minimum income of R25 000 per month https://www.absa.co.za/personal/bank/islamic-banking/islamic-platinum-value-bundle/ ABSA Islamic Youth account - Free Younger than 19 years of age An annual profit share calculated at Absa’s financial year-end (31 December) and paid into your account on 25 January of the following year https://www.absa.co.za/personal/bank/islamic-banking/islamic-youth-account/ ABSA Private Banking Account (Exceller Package) - R399 per month Minimum income of R62 500 per month. https://www.absa.co.za/private-banking/exceller-package/ ABSA Private Banking Account (Marhaba Package) - R335 per month Minimum income of R62 500 per month. https://www.absa.co.za/private-banking/marhaba-package/ ABSA MegaU Account - Free Younger than 19 years of age https://www.absa.co.za/personal/bank/youth-student-banking/megau-account/ ABSA Student Silver - R22.50 per month 18 - 27 years old and must be a full-time student studying towards an undergraduate or postgraduate degree or qualification of one year or more. https://www.absa.co.za/personal/bank/youth-student-banking/student-account/ ABSA Islamic Youth - Free Younger than 19 years of age https://www.absa.co.za/personal/bank/islamic-banking/islamic-youth-account/ ABSA Transact Account - R4.95 per month Unemployed or earn less than R2 000 per month https://www.absa.co.za/personal/bank/an-account/transact-account/ ABSA Flexi Account - R16 per month Minimum income of R2 000 per month https://www.absa.co.za/personal/bank/an-account/flexi-account/ ABSA Flexi Bundle - R55 per month Minimum income of R3 000 per month https://www.absa.co.za/personal/bank/an-account/flexi-value-bundle-account/ For Seniors: Absa Prosperity Account - R42 per month 55 years or older https://www.absa.co.za/personal/bank/an-account/prosperity-cheque-account/ Additional ABSA banking fees and ABSA transaction fees: https://www.absa.co.za/content/dam/south-africa/absa/pdf/pricing-brochure/2017-privatebank-pricing.pdf https://www.absa.co.za/content/dam/south-africa/absa/pdf/pricing-brochure/2017-pricing.pdf Standard Bank Banking Fees: Standard Bank Access Account - R4.99 per month You are 16 years of age or older http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Current-accounts/Access-Account http://www.standardbank.co.za/standimg/South%20Africa/PDF/Pricing%202017/AccessAccount_Pricing.pdf Standard Bank Elite Banking - R100 per month Minimum gross monthly income of R 5 000 http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Current-accounts/Elite-Banking http://www.standardbank.co.za/standimg/South%20Africa/PDF/Pricing%202017/Elite_Banking_Pricing.pdf Standard Bank Prestige Banking - R190 per month Minimum gross monthly income of R 25 000 or more http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Current-accounts/Prestige-Banking http://www.standardbank.co.za/standimg/South%20Africa/PDF/Pricing%202017/Prestige_Banking_Pricing.pdf Standard Bank Private Banking - R325 per month Minimum gross monthly income of R 58 000 or more or have net investible assets of R 3m or more http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Current-accounts/Private-Banking http://www.standardbank.co.za/standimg/South%20Africa/PDF/Pricing%202017/Private_Banking_Pricing.pdf Standard Bank Private Banking Signature - R425 per month Earn R 92 000 or more per month (R 1.1 million or more per annum). http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Current-accounts/Private-Banking-Signature http://www.standardbank.co.za/standimg/South%20Africa/PDF/Pricing%202017/Private_Banking_Signature_Pricing.pdf Standard Bank (sum)1 Account - Free Designed for children and young achievers under 16, (sum)1 is a safe, easy and educational introduction to banking. Open a (sum)1 account for your child to unlock the Kidz Banking app experience. http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Current-accounts/(sum)1 http://www.standardbank.co.za/standimg/South%20Africa/PDF/Pricing%202017/Sum1_Pricing.pdf Standard Bank Student Achiever Account - R4.99 per month Between 16 and 23 years of age http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Current-accounts/Student-Achiever http://www.standardbank.co.za/standimg/South%20Africa/PDF/Pricing%202017/Student_Achiever_Pricing.pdf Standard Bank Professional Banking Account - R199 per month Between 18 and 30 years of age http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Current-accounts/Professional-Banking http://www.standardbank.co.za/standimg/South%20Africa/PDF/Pricing%202017/Professional_Banking_Pricing.pdf For Seniors: Standard Bank Consolidator Current Account - R45 per month You are over 55 years old AND You have a gross monthly income of R 8 000 or more http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Current-accounts/Consolidator-Current-Account http://www.standardbank.co.za/standimg/South%20Africa/PDF/Pricing%202017/Consolidator_Pricing.pdf Credit Cards: Standard Bank Platinum Credit Card - R65 per month Earn a monthly income of R 58 000 or more https://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Credit-cards/Card-types/Platinum-credit-card http://www.standardbank.co.za/standimg/South%20Africa/PDF/Pricing%202017/Credit_Card_Pricing.pdf Standard Bank Titanium Credit Card - R55 per month Earn a monthly income of R 25 000 or more https://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Credit-cards/Card-types/Titanium-credit-card http://www.standardbank.co.za/standimg/South%20Africa/PDF/Pricing%202017/Credit_Card_Pricing.pdf Standard Bank World Citizen Credit Card - R225 per month Earn a monthly income of R 25 000 or more https://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Credit-cards/Card-types/World-Citizen-Credit-Card http://www.standardbank.co.za/standimg//South%20Africa/PDF/Pricing%202017/Credit_Card_Pricing.pdf Standard Bank Gold Credit Card - R45 per month Earn a monthly income of R 5 000 or more https://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Banking/Credit-cards/Card-types/Gold-credit-card http://www.standardbank.co.za/standimg/South%20Africa/PDF/Pricing%202017/Credit_Card_Pricing.pdf Nedbank Banking Fees: Nedbank Pay-as-you-use Account - R5 per month Individuals over the age of 16 years. https://www.nedbank.co.za/content/nedbank/desktop/gt/en/personal/bank/accounts/Pa-as-you-use.html http://fees.nedbank.co.za/nedbank/applications/nedbank/sections/pricing-guide-2017/templates/pdf/NedbankPAYUCharges2017.pdf Nedbank Savvy Bundle Account - R180 per month Minimum income of R3 000 per month https://www.nedbank.co.za/content/nedbank/desktop/gt/en/personal/bank/accounts/savvy-bundle.html http://fees.nedbank.co.za/nedbank/applications/nedbank/sections/pricing-guide-2017/templates/pdf/NedbankSavvyBundleCharges2017.pdf Nedbank Savvy Plus Account - R100 per month Minimum income of R3 000 per month https://www.nedbank.co.za/content/nedbank/desktop/gt/en/personal/bank/accounts/savvy-plus.html http://fees.nedbank.co.za/nedbank/applications/nedbank/sections/pricing-guide-2017/templates/pdf/NedbankSavvyPlusAccountCharges2017.pdf Nedbank Professional Banking - R299 per month http://fees.nedbank.co.za/pricing-guide-2017/professional-banking/professional-banking-bundle-3 http://fees.nedbank.co.za/nedbank/action/media/downloadFile?media_fileid=9357 Nedbank Professional Banking (Young Professionals) - R149 per month Under 30 years old and hold a 4 year qualification. https://www.nedbank.co.za/content/nedbank/desktop/gt/en/personal/bank/professional-banking/young-professionals.html http://fees.nedbank.co.za/pricing-guide-2017/professional-banking/young-professional-banking-bundle-3 http://fees.nedbank.co.za/nedbank/action/media/downloadFile?media_fileid=9357 Nedbank Professional Banking Pay-as-you-use - R105 per month http://fees.nedbank.co.za/pricing-guide-2017/professional-banking/professional-banking-payasyouuse-2 http://fees.nedbank.co.za/nedbank/action/media/downloadFile?media_fileid=9357 Nedbank Private Wealth (Gold Package) - R84 per month Minimum income of R1,5 million per year and/or investable assets greater than R5 million (excluding primary residence). https://www.nedbankprivatewealth.co.za/south-africa/private-banking https://www.nedbank.co.za/content/nedbank/desktop/gt/en/personal/bank/nedbank-private-wealth.html Nedbank Private Wealth (Pay as you use) - R105 per month Minimum income of R1,5 million per year and/or investable assets greater than R5 million (excluding primary residence). https://www.nedbankprivatewealth.co.za/south-africa/private-banking https://www.nedbank.co.za/content/nedbank/desktop/gt/en/personal/bank/nedbank-private-wealth.html Nedbank Private Wealth (Platinum Package) - R363 per month Minimum income of R1,5 million per year and/or investable assets greater than R5 million (excluding primary residence). https://www.nedbankprivatewealth.co.za/south-africa/private-banking https://www.nedbank.co.za/content/nedbank/desktop/gt/en/personal/bank/nedbank-private-wealth.html https://www.nedbankprivatewealth.co.za/nedbank_wealth/action/media/downloadFile?media_fileid=5204 https://www.nedbank.co.za/content/nedbank/desktop/gt/en/personal/bank/professional-banking.html http://fees.nedbank.co.za/pricing-guide-2017/everyday-banking Capitec Bank Account Fees: Capitec Bank Account (Global One) - R5.50 per month Interest 5.35% - 5.90% per year https://www.capitecbank.co.za/global-one/transact/fees
  19. Crossed Fingers approach it is then Terrible news for Shoprite Worcester
  20. That puts things into perspective actually, I'm really starting to rethink a large portion of what I believe especially when it comes to the DBXWD, look I own it I love(d) it, the whole ebook is structured around it, but there's no denying that we do have some worthy options locally that I'll need to consider going forward. I've been looking at those givi, mappsg and other ETFs and wonder what the cost/fees breakdown would be considering the DBXWD is one of the most expensive ETFs on the JSE if I am not mistaken.
  21. Eish yea I saw EOH on Twitter Here's the link for you http://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/drug-giant-aspen-plot-destroy-cancer-medicine-big-pharma-times-investigation-a7683521.html
  22. I hope that makes sense actually
  23. @Groovy do you own Aspen? I saw the bad news over the weekend and thinking it will probably open blood red. I always wonder how people like me that uses EasyEquities can protect ourselves against what happens in that auction phase before the market open and then since we can only sell 15 laters after the market opens by that time the floor is red.
  24. Come now DBxjp I had such high hopes for this etf.
×
×
  • Create New...