Jump to content
SB45

Pembury Lifestyle Group (PEM)

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Red88 said:

Very little trading. Price unchanged.

Closed at 20c, 60% down...I hope you sold some Red, you can always re-enter at a lower price later on at 1c :classic_tongue: (if you are a true believer in this management) ......., sold at 32 earlier in the morning...the bulk of the  shares still remains.... Average for me is 27c, so if I let go I will lose 7c/share at closing price + fees... I was long on this one but after the AGM...I lost all confidence in the management, the business has tons of potential but under these clowns I'm out .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SB45 said:

Closed at 20c, 60% down...I hope you sold some Red, you can always re-enter at a lower price later on at 1c :classic_tongue:

Thanks SB45.  Like YoungInvestor,  I am in this for the long term. If it did drop further I would have bought some more. As long as the business is a going concern there is a strong likelihood of a steady growth. Next year should be telling.

Edited by Red88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I see it closed at 20c but really its going to be up and down for a couple weeks with people frantically selling and then others buying... interested to see how it fairs in Q1 2019.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not too much negativity so far and some trading interest although movement at the low current value gives large percentage swings . Seems like the plunge to 1c is not on the cards at present. Some good news regarding acquisitions will help to spur an upward climb in the new year. Too early to call so I am holding on at the moment - not buying or selling.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know where to start about this company, but what I know is that, I really want to punch management, on site, I don't want to talk. I really do. F these Mo'foz.

Edited by Groovy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Platinumwealth club members, I'm getting rid of this company, taking what's left to Implats, i hope I can recoup my losses there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am holding on and will do so until the position becomes clearer.

Share is in a good market area, education and retirement villages. Downside is the conduct of management.

Volumes of shares are being traded at very low prices. As is often the case it may be that someone knows what is going on and is taking advantage of the low share price. Have to see what the annual results reveal but I still think that it will pay off in the long term. Now is the time is to buy if you are confident in the future of the group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Red88 said:

Am holding on and will do so until the position becomes clearer.

Share is in a good market area, education and retirement villages. Downside is the conduct of management.

Volumes of shares are being traded at very low prices. As is often the case it may be that someone knows what is going on and is taking advantage of the low share price. Have to see what the annual results reveal but I still think that it will pay off in the long term. Now is the time is to buy if you are confident in the future of the group.

Conduct of management is what's made me lose interest the most, i don't trust them with their lack of communication with small shareholders. The education and retirement business is what made me love this company but management is messing up. A company like PSG would never go into the retirement homes business if there was no money to be made there, there's money there. Pembury was there first and so far they haven't delivered. With the schools side, I don't expect much growth, i don't see how they can be immune from what's hit Curro and Advtech, so I understand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:34 AM, Groovy said:

Conduct of management is what's made me lose interest the most, i don't trust them with their lack of communication with small shareholders. The education and retirement business is what made me love this company but management is messing up. A company like PSG would never go into the retirement homes business if there was no money to be made there, there's money there. Pembury was there first and so far they haven't delivered. With the schools side, I don't expect much growth, i don't see how they can be immune from what's hit Curro and Advtech, so I understand. 

The education system seems to be going through changes. There is a trend towards home schooling and small colleges in some sectors of the community, away from the formal uniform wearing "conventional" schools. Teacher education is in a bad shape and the quality of teachers seems to be deteriorating. The discipline in the conventional schools is going from bad to worse. Yes the private school system is facing an uncertain future but it seems to be a better bet than the state schools and even the old model "C" schools which are going the same way as the majority. Affordability of the private schools is a problem especially in the light of the current low economic activity prevalent in the country. Pembury claim to be more affordable than the groups mentioned above. As far as retirement homes are concerned I have noticed a trend for emigrated children to arrange for their aged parents to join them overseas thus reducing the pool of tenants for these homes. Time will tell what happens to this share.

Edited by Red88
Grammar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pembury shady management back on their BS. I've just seen this sens, thought I'd give anyone still holding a heads up if you missed the sens. 

 

 

GEN - General- Late Submissions of
Provisional Financial Statements:
BWZ/PEM
GEN – Multiple Issuers
GEN - General- Late Submissions of
Provisional Financial Statements
BRAINWORKS
LIMITED
ALPHA CODE: BWZ
ISIN CODE: MU0548S00000
PEMBURY LIFESTYLE GROUP
LIMITED                    ALPHA
CODE: PEM
ISIN CODE: ZAE000222949
LATE SUBMISSION OF PROVISIONAL
FINANCIAL STATEMENTS ("PROVISIONAL
REPORTS")
The Johannesburg Stock Exchange
(“JSE”) wishes to advise that the
above mentioned companies’
have failed to submit their
provisional reports within the three-
month period stipulated in the JSE's
Listings Requirements.
Accordingly, the companies’ listings
on the JSE trading system have been
annotated with a "RE" to
indicate that they have failed to
submit their provisional reports
timeously and that the listing of
these companies’ securities is under
threat of suspension and possible
removal.
If the abovementioned companies’
still fail to submit their
provisional reports on or before 30
April
2019, then their listings may be
suspended.
This announcement has been placed by
the JSE in the interest of
shareholders.
16 April 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Groovy said:

Pembury shady management back on their BS. I've just seen this sens, thought I'd give anyone still holding a heads up if you missed the sens. 

 

 

GEN - General- Late Submissions of
Provisional Financial Statements:
BWZ/PEM
GEN – Multiple Issuers
GEN - General- Late Submissions of
Provisional Financial Statements
BRAINWORKS
LIMITED
ALPHA CODE: BWZ
ISIN CODE: MU0548S00000
PEMBURY LIFESTYLE GROUP
LIMITED                    ALPHA
CODE: PEM
ISIN CODE: ZAE000222949
LATE SUBMISSION OF PROVISIONAL
FINANCIAL STATEMENTS ("PROVISIONAL
REPORTS")
The Johannesburg Stock Exchange
(“JSE”) wishes to advise that the
above mentioned companies’
have failed to submit their
provisional reports within the three-
month period stipulated in the JSE's
Listings Requirements.
Accordingly, the companies’ listings
on the JSE trading system have been
annotated with a "RE" to
indicate that they have failed to
submit their provisional reports
timeously and that the listing of
these companies’ securities is under
threat of suspension and possible
removal.
If the abovementioned companies’
still fail to submit their
provisional reports on or before 30
April
2019, then their listings may be
suspended.
This announcement has been placed by
the JSE in the interest of
shareholders.
16 April 2019

Looks like deja vu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Results are out.

Bought a few more as it appears to be positive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In accordance with paragraph 3.59(b) of the JSE Limited Listings Requirements the Board of the Company wishes to advise that Mr AP van Jaarsveld has resigned as Financial Director with effect from 1 June 2019. He will remain available to assist the Company up until 31 July 2019 whilst the Company considers the appointment of a new Financial Director. The finance team was strengthened earlier in 2019 with the appointment of a group financial manager.

 

The Board would like to thank Mr AP van Jaarsveld for his assistance during the listing of the Company and through the first two financial years as a listed company, under difficult circumstances, and wishes him well in his future endeavours.

--
I got REKT.

SENS_20190604_S415853.pdf

Edited by Spreadsheet Ranger

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carte Blanche is on their A$$$. They released a Sens yesterday saying they turned down an interview with Carte Blanche. 

You know when those journos are looking for you, it means boy you have Eff'd up big.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trading around 20c. Was 5c a few days ago. A take-over or cash injection is in the offing. Traded over R0.5m today.

PEMBURY LIFESTYLE GROUP LIMITED
(Incorporated in the Republic of South Africa)
(Registration number 2013/205899/06)
(?the Company?)
ISIN Code: ZAE000222949 JSE Code: PEM


                             CAUTIONARY ANNOUNCEMENT


Shareholders are advised that the Company has received two formal offers for an equity
investment to fund the growth and expansion aspirations of the Company, and/or a
convertible loan both containing a commitment to raise additional property funding (?the
Offers?). The Company has also been approached by a number of other parties with
whom discussions are in different stages.

The board of directors will consider the Offers in the following week, after which a further
announcement will be made.

The outcome of the aforementioned Offers and/or discussions may have a material effect
on the price of the Company?s securities. Accordingly, shareholders are advised to
exercise caution when dealing in the Company?s securities until a further announcement
is made.


Johannesburg
19 July 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...