New SARS e-filing website

What a nightmare!

The old SARS website was perfect. The new one just doesn't work.

Firstly, it doesn't save the return correctly. If you save part of the form, it forgets what you've already done - it only saves the changes and forgets what you've done previously.

Secondly, the "view calculation" doesn't work on any browser.

Thirdly, the "Print" buttons are all broken. You get an error message after pressing print on anywhere on the website.

There is no way to verify your calculations before submitting.

After submitting, there is no sms, e-mail or anything to confirm that you've submitted. On the site, it says "filed" but there is no notice of assessment or anything.

This new site is an absolute disaster. I've submitted my return and I have no idea whether or not it's been received in good form or not.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Platinum Wealth said:

How long does it take to get a refund?
I got my ITA34 on 2019/07/03 yet still no refund.

Will SARS pay interest on the money they owe me?

@Shirou you can try via E-mail, but I had to go into a branch 2 years ago. (No way to do it via the website as far as I know.)

@Platinum Wealth Thanks, yea I was hoping there was an option, there is some kinda option for bank details but not sure what that is about.

3 hours ago, Platinum Wealth said:

If I remember correctly that is to setup a debit order (I think?)

Yea, it looks like that, just wish could change banking info online, argh... to think to go to a SARS branch just ruins your mood, haha

• Like 1