Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rayyaanS

How would you invest a R100K

Recommended Posts

If I has that money today this would be my investment:

 

NFEMOM - 50%

2016-09-29_10-07-48.thumb.jpg.e3c5e46c43f3be54a9c0b03445ffa702.jpg

 

Ashburton MidCap ETF (ASHMID) - 25%

2016-09-29_10-19-24.thumb.jpg.5fbf4f1b564a8e6db6aeddee581ec369.jpg

 

Rolfes Holdings Ltd - 10% ( Sell @ >500 cents then buy CoreShares Property Top Ten (PTXTEN) )

 

Taste Holdings - 15% ( Sell @ 600 cents then buy NewFunds MAPPS Growth ETF (MAPPSG) )

2016-09-29_10-26-24.thumb.jpg.90e72f48638e33397f5b3d9be3bbffad.jpg

 

Some duplication here and there, but looking at the different weighings I am comfortable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would go:

 

db x-trackers MSCI World Index (DBXWD) - 50% (Even if Deutsche Bank goes down like it looks it will it should not affect my ETF)

Coreshares Top 40 Equally Weighted Exchange Traded Fund (CSEW40) - 25%

Standard Bank AfricaPalladium Debentures (ETFPLD) - 25% ( until it reaches $1000 then I will see what looks good to buy )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I had no emergency fund I'd put it there (32 day account).

 

Else, if I went ETF I would split it between NFEMOM (45%), DBXWD (35%) and PTXTEN (20%).

 

Most likely (at this point in time anyway) I would put it in unit trusts with the same theme as the above (local equity, foreign equity and property).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whichever way I go (save the cash option) I would wait till right after Trump is elected president and the market overreacts :P

 

 

I thought about the cash part, but what if we get downgraded December then that cash won't be worth much. Perhaps South Africans should look at the bitcoin route as a means to protect you in a way? I do not understand bitcoin and currency all that much so I do not know if bitcoin is good, but to me it sounds like a better option than cash under the bed or bank. When I say cash I am referring to ZAR notes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whichever way I go (save the cash option) I would wait till right after Trump is elected president and the market overreacts :P

 

 

I thought about the cash part, but what if we get downgraded December then that cash won't be worth much. Perhaps South Africans should look at the bitcoin route as a means to protect you in a way? I do not understand bitcoin and currency all that much so I do not know if bitcoin is good, but to me it sounds like a better option than cash under the bed or bank. When I say cash I am referring to ZAR notes.

 

I doubt our money would become that much more "worhtless". The Rand is increasing in strength, the risk downgrade is getting less albeit it still being a big risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...