Sign in to follow this  
rayyaanS

How would you invest a R100K

If I has that money today this would be my investment:

NFEMOM - 50%

2016-09-29_10-07-48.thumb.jpg.e3c5e46c43f3be54a9c0b03445ffa702.jpg

Ashburton MidCap ETF (ASHMID) - 25%

2016-09-29_10-19-24.thumb.jpg.5fbf4f1b564a8e6db6aeddee581ec369.jpg

Rolfes Holdings Ltd - 10% ( Sell @ >500 cents then buy CoreShares Property Top Ten (PTXTEN) )

Taste Holdings - 15% ( Sell @ 600 cents then buy NewFunds MAPPS Growth ETF (MAPPSG) )

2016-09-29_10-26-24.thumb.jpg.90e72f48638e33397f5b3d9be3bbffad.jpg

Some duplication here and there, but looking at the different weighings I am comfortable.

I would go:

db x-trackers MSCI World Index (DBXWD) - 50% (Even if Deutsche Bank goes down like it looks it will it should not affect my ETF)

Coreshares Top 40 Equally Weighted Exchange Traded Fund (CSEW40) - 25%

Standard Bank AfricaPalladium Debentures (ETFPLD) - 25% ( until it reaches $1000 then I will see what looks good to buy )

If I had no emergency fund I'd put it there (32 day account).

Else, if I went ETF I would split it between NFEMOM (45%), DBXWD (35%) and PTXTEN (20%).

Most likely (at this point in time anyway) I would put it in unit trusts with the same theme as the above (local equity, foreign equity and property).

Whichever way I go (save the cash option) I would wait till right after Trump is elected president and the market overreacts :P

I thought about the cash part, but what if we get downgraded December then that cash won't be worth much. Perhaps South Africans should look at the bitcoin route as a means to protect you in a way? I do not understand bitcoin and currency all that much so I do not know if bitcoin is good, but to me it sounds like a better option than cash under the bed or bank. When I say cash I am referring to ZAR notes.

Whichever way I go (save the cash option) I would wait till right after Trump is elected president and the market overreacts :P

I thought about the cash part, but what if we get downgraded December then that cash won't be worth much. Perhaps South Africans should look at the bitcoin route as a means to protect you in a way? I do not understand bitcoin and currency all that much so I do not know if bitcoin is good, but to me it sounds like a better option than cash under the bed or bank. When I say cash I am referring to ZAR notes.

I doubt our money would become that much more "worhtless". The Rand is increasing in strength, the risk downgrade is getting less albeit it still being a big risk.