Sign in to follow this  
SaurusDNA

Motus (MTH)

Posted (edited)

So finally I've decided to start a thread dedicated to Motus.

Motus listed on 22 November 2018. They used to be part of the Imperial Group, but split last year. Motus is now the official importer of Hyundai, Kia, Renault and Mitsubishi in South Africa and include these dealerships. They also run Tempest and Europcar car hire.

As a new company, it's still hard to find detailed info on them, so I thought the thread would be a good idea.

Their official website is here: https://www.motuscorp.co.za/

Edited by SaurusDNA

I bought some shares in Motus, like we discussed the in the Stock Watch thread, my motivation for buying them is because I think the cheaper car brands will become the norm in SA (consumers do not have money) also I was in Canal Walk and saw the new Hyundai i10 Grand on display for for R2050 per month and immediately thought to myself that is not a very expensive entry point for first time salary earners. They are also then likely to stay within the Hyundai eco system (some will upgrade to more expensive cars I am sure).

Then my Uber this morning was a KIA and I think Motus might be able to give Toyota a go here if they can under cut the Toyota Corolla prices and KIA becoming the dominant Uber car.

I think Michael Jordaan invested in a Uber car financing business of sorts flex something, would love if he could give his thoughts regarding KIA in this space although I think Nissan also operates on the Uber space.

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

A friend of mine drives a Hyundai i10, but I can't seem to find info on Motus since it's so young and the analysts are not all over it. Where do the sales of a Hyundai or a Kia then fit into the profits of the company?

• Like 1