Last seen movie and rating

Spreadsheet Ranger

A Star is Born
8.5/10

I might be biased as I adore Lady Gaga, however I have spoken to three other people who also concur it's an Oscar worthy movie.

It's been done and redone but this modern twist doesn't take away anything from the soundness or entirety of the film. It's a goosebump giving, hard punching story addressing relevant issues. A beautiful story, I loved it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bohemian Rhapsody 2018

9.3/10

They cannot put everything into 2 hours, accept it. However, I would have liked if they went further into the last stages of Freddie's life living with the disease, but at the same time, the abrupt ending on the high note was quite fitting. 

I am sure there are many details and old wounds the band members and close family did not want to rehash and as a result, they alluded to it at various stages in a well-portrayed manner.

Rami Malek played the role incredibly well, even the smallest of nuances he managed to replicate.  

• Like 1

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

• 4 weeks later...

IO 2019

4/10

Better than the killing of a sacred deer and mother, but still a bad movie all around, bad acting (well was there even acting?), bad CGI (so assume low budget) and a rushed storyline. Would be better suited as a series and perhaps expanded the research for new life etc, but in all honesty, I think the story itself won't be sustainable either, so a series probably won't work.

TL;DR

The beginning is nice and reels you in and gets you to invest in the main character, Sam, only to be disappointed miserably as she is lifeless, and, towards the end, annoying even.

Edited by Spreadsheet Ranger

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

• 3 months later...

IF you asking me about in real cinema then it would be Cemetery of Home Pets which was remake of 30 years old movie I watched as a kid, and I expected I will not be scared, but this time they did really good job about all that. I was afraid with the help of 4DX effects as well;) 

• 1 month later...

Line of Duty (Netflix). About events in the Police Ant-Corruption Unit. Season 1 has 5 episodes and I believe Season 2 will be making its way to South Africa. Really worth watching. 9.5/10

Edited by VINNIE
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...