Sign in to follow this  
Spreadsheet Ranger

The altcoin thread

Posted (edited)

I'm just warming this thread up for when the inevitable hits.

@BitcoinZAR hope you have your safety belt on.

Goes without saying (stocked up on BTC), but now it's time for the fun bits.

I picked up some $TOMO beginning of the year, already an amazing return, but I am going to ride this baby out.

(In 2017 I did not sell enough, not making that mistake again in this run)

I mean this #DeFi narrative playing now - it's all hype, but it will be an apocalyptic pump, the sad part is people will lose a ton of money again like 2017, so my word of advise is, "don't buy the top, sell it" in other words, if you go into this run with no crypto, keep it that way otherwise you'll get burned, hard. However if you come into this run with bags... many opportunities taking shape now.

My moon bags for this run are:

$SC
$TOMO
$CVC
$SYS
$XRP
$ETH
$DGB
$ZRX
$REP 
$CELR

Edited by Spreadsheet Ranger
  • Like 1

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

Posted (edited)

I have a lot of altcoins.....I have been using them to get more bitcoin. I got started on altcoins when bitcoin cash forked away from bitcoin, and I dumped those free tokens immediately and used the free bitcoin to play with altcoins. So I have not really spent any money on my altcoins, yet I have built up a lot over time.

Often if an altcoin goes up significantly, i'll sell some of it to take profit, then use that profit to get into another altcoin I have been looking at. Eg: I got into LINK at around $1.80 in December, and dumped almost all of what I had at $8.60 just over a week ago. The profits from that has been moved into other coins...

Bitcoin is pretty stable when you compare it to most altcoins, so when bitcoin moves up or down, a lot of the altcoins move with it, but in a bigger way. This means you can make a lot fast, and lose a lot fast. So while I think bitcoin is the future, I am not against using pumping altcoins to make myself more bitcoin.

Currently my altcoin bags and the ones I think are good to check out are:

BTC, ETH, ADA, BNB, CRO, LINK, XTZ, XLM, TRON, VET, ATOM, ONT, XEM, LEND, BAT, KNC, SNX, ZRX, REP, ALGO, ICON, HBAR, ENJ, REN, LRC, RLC, KAVA, BAND, MATIC, TOMO, MANA, WAX, ARK, BZX, POWR, BEAM, PNK, QSP, SWAP, AKRO, PAY

I thought I would be fun to edit and add a screenshot of these coins prices so we can look back and smile or cry....

333847682_Screenshot_2020-07-25WatchlistCoinMarketCap(1).thumb.png.135a15131d7e2de9d3a4608c8da1b7d2.png

Edited by BitcoinZAR

BitcoinZAR - Bitcoin South Africa community1lhxytq.pngLearn about bitcoin at https://www.bitcoinzar.co.zaJoin us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/bitcoinzarFollow us on twitter on https://twitter.com/bitcoinzar

I'm still not mentally prepared for what's about to happen in the crypto markets the next 12-18 months.

• wallets and exchanges are more accessible
  • stablecoins & leverage have 10x'd
  • info sources are more reliable
  • crypto networks have earnings
  • macro narrative is nuts