Gumtree Ads, do they work?

Spreadsheet Ranger

I've mainly been advertising our business on Google Ads and Facebook Ads which is quite expensive, I understand the enhance targeting and I am sure if I spend more time to learn more about it I would get better value out of my money, but I'm just thinking of what other platforms there might be for a SA based business.

Gumtree seems to do advertising and R250 to be on their home page sounds like a bargain. 

I wonder if they cap the impressions an advertiser can get, I mean there is only so much space on the home page and they have 10s of thousands of advertisers - so tying to figure out if a Gumtree paid for ad campaign is worth it.

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

I suppose that plays a role hey, it's airtime. So main business is the Airtime API (more a B2B use case) and then secondary is the bulk list and automated recharges so also B2B, but I can imagine schools, churches etc will be the large users of this service. Basically trying to figure out if Gumtree is useful for targeting people and businesses that has prepaid airtime requirements.

Also just made me think in general if gumtree advertising has a good ROI, because the platform feels cheaper to get your product accross than say Google Adwords or Twitter/Facebook Ads. 

Join the official JSE Discord Channel