General concern about SA Top stocks.

Spreadsheet Ranger

Wasn't sure what to make the title, but with the Steinhoff revelation I was thinking, what if this is not the only one.

There was MTN 2 years back that was as corrupt as it gets.

PSG has a history of dealing with Christo, remember that KWV deal.

Then there is the Resilient / Fortress ponzi scheme and the continues hammering at Capitec.

These were all regarded as incredible businesses, but what if all of this was just a mask and what if there are more.

What if Naspers is not what it appears for example.

Just curious what is still "safe" on the JSE since the JSE seems unable to take action, given the the 360one report and not to mention Oakbay resources.

I mean our TOP40 index seems under threat.

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

Just want to highlight something about Naspers:

1373439452_ScreenShot2018-03-09at12_23_19.thumb.png.5c13306f8e060f71e03476c797a95890.png

That there is a screen grab of Sygnia's flag ship fund: Skeleton 70. It is a high-risk fund but look at the Naspers exposure and consider that this is a reg 28 compliant fund meaning people can and are using it for their Retirement Annuities. 10% of all your holdings are Naspers.

Wouldn't touch that fund with a 10 ft barge pole.

IQ Test

I understand what you are saying, but the reality is that Naspers has a rock solid track record and is one of the best-diversified companies on the JSE, so with that information at hand what would you do?

This is what I also fear like spreadsheet mentioned what if Naspers has "irregularities" like Steinhoff had. What if most of our Top40 companies are not what they appear.