Bitcoin on Etoro

e=mc2+1

Hi,

Can you guys give me your opintion on the negatives/positives of investing in bitcoin via Etoro vs using a South African exchange (luno.com, ice3x.co.za or altcointrader.co.za) or even an international exchange?

I understand that Etoro is not an exchange so you don't actually own the underlying Bitcoin, but if your investment experiences the same movements I don't see an issue with that.

I'm biased towards Etoro because it's the only one i've used and it's really simple, but there must be more to it if people here don't use it much.

From the Etoro side, I can deposit via my credit card and funds show immediately.

Fees (I don't understand all the technical details but they're minimal) https://www.etoro.com/en/customer-service/fees/

Closed a trade a few minutes ago and funds are available straight away too.

You also get access to trade forex/commodoties/international markets.

The major difference I can come up with is that Etoro charges depending on how long you hold a trade, versus having your Bitcoin in a wallet which i don't think costs anything. Those charges are minimal in the big picture though.

Can you let me know your thoughts on the better option?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I am yet to sign up for etoro, but i have been receiving several advert alert to sign up, just like other brokers, but i am very skeptical especially about the auto trading, Does anyone use the auto trading on Etoro and does it really work and do people really make profit using it.