Long 4 Life

Spreadsheet Ranger

Nice. I sold out at R5.15. Basically came out at what I put in. Decided I wasn't to sure where things were going. Thought I would wait and see before I jump in again.

I am too scared of that wait and see because in my experience when "I see", it is normally too late and the share price moved beyond the tipping point never to return again.

So I decided to buy them based on these two reasons:

#1 the whole Simon saying R5 bucks cash etc podcast.

#2 I actually went and read through their website, I then read this article Long 4 Life L4L and then I read this article Long 4 Life Mistake I then decided to do some deeper digging, basically just reading up on Brian Joffe and how he was in the early stages of Bidvest and how he went about to build that company to what it is today. 

I think he has the potential to make a success of this business as an entrepreneur myself I understand very well that the results of businesses are not always clear in the beginning and since my understanding is that he will essentially invest in various companies and then shuffle the money between the ventures, I like that approach.

I think Holdsport has potential under stronger management which I assume Brain will play a role in. Then Inhle Beverages, this won't be the money maker, but I do think it's a solid company and the space they are in will be a key player in SA's economy again with the added guidance it might breath new life into this company to expand and acquire bigger bottling contracts. The Sorbet Group of companies I think has potential to be one of the winners in the early stages of Long 4 Life and I think Sorbet is already in the UK as well.

So I like Long 4 Life because I get the feeling it will be sort of a PSG approach and I missed the PSG boat. 

The only real thing that worries me is the departure of Kevin Hedderwick, he build Famous Brands into what it is today and is most definitely an entrepreneur, now my cut is asking me, why would an entrepreneurial person join and then leave a company 4 months later, unless he did not believe the company has what it takes. I do not buy the leaving to pursue personal interests claim, because at the end of the day it is all about money and he then is basically saying he can make more money in his own venture/interest than in Long 4 Life.

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

This share is hurting me, seems sub R4 is on the table?

Very convincing hammer formation forming on this share yesterday.

Our glossary definition of a hammer formation: "A bullish reversal candlestick pattern implying the start of an upward trend is likely to begin. The hammer consists of a candle which has a lower shadow at least twice the length of the candle's body. The upper shadow for this candle should be small or non-existent. The colour of the candle is not important, however a green candle does add strength to the signal. The most important thing about this formation is the length of the lower shadow: the longer this is the stronger the signal and the more likely that an upward trend is likely to occur."

Always important to wait for confirmation with candlesticks.

Capture.thumb.PNG.43447b473eedafd92e6dba719d781d25.PNG

PDSnet - Share Trading Software and Educationhttp://www.pdsnet.co.za/http://www.pdsnet.co.za/index.php/pdsnet-articles/

• 2 weeks later...

Johannesburg, 28 November 2017: Long4Life has announced that it is acquiring 100% of Chill from the existing shareholders, being management, Africa Beverage Venture (Pty) Ltd and Raubenbel (Pty) Ltd.

Chill is a leading producer, packer and distributor of a range of beverages and is based in the Western Cape with storage and distribution facilities located in major cities across South Africa. Chill provides a fully integrated in-house business platform from product conception and development, through production, to sales and marketing.

Read the full sens here -> https://senspdf.jse.co.za/documents/SENS_20171128_S392596.pdf

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

Johannesburg, 28 November 2017: Long4Life has announced that it is acquiring 100% of Chill from the existing shareholders, being management, Africa Beverage Venture (Pty) Ltd and Raubenbel (Pty) Ltd.

Chill is a leading producer, packer and distributor of a range of beverages and is based in the Western Cape with storage and distribution facilities located in major cities across South Africa. Chill provides a fully integrated in-house business platform from product conception and development, through production, to sales and marketing.

Read the full sens here -> https://senspdf.jse.co.za/documents/SENS_20171128_S392596.pdf

Looks like they will produce positive synergy with bottle company the acquired earlier, but that leaves them with close 1.5bln in cash

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It will definitely continue Ranger, load up on the dips, sit back and enjoy the show. One day when its a market darling....rewards shall be ripped. I'm in as well

I just bought a few Long4Life at R5.07 on Wednesday, after my wife came home with some new Sorbet products and was totally raving about them. I've been thinking about buying L4L again for a while now , and coupled with the recent upswing in its share prices, I'm finally convinced that it will do really well this year...   :-)

• 2 weeks later...