What was your first investment?

Spreadsheet Ranger

I bought shoprite back in 2011 using PSG's platform still a great platform in regards to the information and research material that was available.

I have sinced moved over to EasyEquities all the research and knowledge I get here and then all I need is a cheap way to execute it.

Opened my first share account in the UK - +-15 years ago. Bought OML, SAB and one or two others. One, was a penny stock, oil exploration company JKX which featured in some stock picking column. BTW could not remember the name so had to go look it up - have no clue how many I bought - think the whole account was worth 2000 pounds with 4-5 shares, so no mre than 500 pounds worth anyway. I bought it under 15 pence. About 6 months later we bought a house in SA and I had to sell my shares as we needed the cash - lost a little bit overall. But we bought the house, but still had to stay in the UK for another year saving cash. I remember though, when we left seeing an article in a newspaper at the airport about JKX and it's shares price which was over pound. Gutted.

Looking at the share price, it kept shooting up to around 4 pounds after 3 years - pretty impressive. Actually hit 5 pound a few years after that, just before 2008. Obviously, would have done very well with the SAB shares as well.

BTW - my best investment though, was actually the house. Bought in a tiny WC village for R288 000 cash, sold 3 years later for R1.6 mil!

• 1 month later...

My first investment I ever made was Taste holdings, with easy equities. I entered at R5 per share and the current share price is R0.84. It was my biggest investment error as well.

ditto! - it wasn't my first share, but it was my biggest investment mistake ever.

Join the official JSE Discord Channel