I propose a new TAX structure!!

PACT

In light of the crookery en stealing that is going on by government, I propose the the following tax structure:

1. Since Cape Town is a DA controlled city, all taxes paid by people living and trading (businesses, VAT....) in the Cape Town metropolitan area, should go to the DA to be utilized in that area. Cape Town tax payer money should not be used to pay for services delivered in another party's controlled area. The same goes for an ANC or other party controlled area. The winner get's the spoils of the area.

2. The taxes of an area must be utilized for the following purposes only: L-O-E-I-J

L=Law. The government will make SENSIBLE laws. Every crime will have an appropriate punishment. Every area will have their own laws and punishments. If the Western Cape feels that they want to bring the death penalty back in and the voters of the Western Cape voted for that, then so it shall be. If they want their own police force, then so be it.

O=Order. Any factor that would hinder any of the other 4 items in the manifesto. If not complied to, can lead to financial penalty or criminal punishment. Items like healthcare would also fall under this item. Basically anything that would hinder people from doing their day-to-day jobs would be covered under this item.

E = Education. Not all people are clever enough to go to university. Thus technical and entrepreneurial schools will be implemented. All kinds of courses and lectures will be available through all kinds of mediums.

I =Infrastructure. To grow a country you need infrastructure (roads, electricity) where business can start and factories be build. Includes any and all renewable energy resources for example.

J=Jobs. Through the implementation of manifesto items 1 to 4 and some incentives, we get businesses back in an area and grow current businesses thus creating jobs.

3. To balance taxes out, VAT will be the major income of taxes but it will work on a sliding rule. The more expensive the item, the more VAT you pay.

4. TAX breaks/ tax incentives for new businesses. This of course will be monitored with strict rules and regulations to prevent misuse but to encourage new business and entrepreneurship.

5. Education will be free with in limits and will be payed for out of these taxes. Once again it will be monitored for any and all misuse but any person should be able to learn a skill.

Add what you as a citizen feel should be included in a new tax system.

The bottom line is, whoever controls that area also controls the incomes and expenditures of that area. After all is that not what we voted for in the first place?

Then why must my taxes end up in an opposition ministers pockets?

How about we scrap the income tax free bracket and:

1. Tax 0-R100k (or whatever it is) at 15%

2. Raise VAT to a flat 20% ...no exemptions

3. Give each family a R1000 incentive for not having kids and deduct R500 for each kid they have instead of grants for each kid they do have

IQ Test

How about we scrap the income tax free bracket and:

1. Tax 0-R100k (or whatever it is) at 15%

2. Raise VAT to a flat 20% ...no exemptions

3. Give each family a R1000 incentive for not having kids and deduct R500 for each kid they have instead of grants for each kid they do have

Answers:

To number 1 - Yes it will get scrapped. No tax free bracket. If you breath air, you pay tax but since you will get tangible benefits from the tax you pay, you won't mind paying tax, will you?

To number 2 - It would not be fair to me if I had to pay 20% tax on a loaf of bread. That is why I recommend a sliding scale. 5% tax on a loaf of bread but 50% tax on a luxury car seems fair, right? So the more you earn and the nicer things you can buy, the more VAT you pay. How is that not fair?

To number 3 - Grants are gone. No grants. So if you have more kids than you can afford you suffer and the state won't help you. But since humans are humans, all anti pregnancy medicines are free and any operations like vasectomies are free. I would go as far as asking a pharmacological company to investigate the creation of a pill for men. Lets say one that if you drink it, it makes you sterile without side effects for 12 months. That way you can be like a rabbit but not have after effects. This research can be paid for by tax money!

2. No, the rich guy will be buying more stuff and as a result pay more tax in total. If you charge 50% VAT on a luxury car you'll stop the rich from spending money here and you'll sit with the same situation RSA is sitting now - the well off are over taxed and taking it offshore leaving you with only "poor" people that aren't spending any money... Stagnant economy in 3...2...

IQ Test