After Hours Banter

Bandit

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, will be having T-Bones and braaibroodjies (without chutney you heathens!) tomorrow night.

Tonight was homemade pizza night: yoghurt base, pizza stone, Weber...

5-10 minutes for dough, another 10 on the Weber...4bb97c1525f9924659b186e71d144edc.jpg

IQ Test

Currently a Huawei P9 Lite. Bought it for R3000 odd on a WeChat special and it is still going strong. The minister of home affairs has an iPhone 8 - we have different views on the cost/necessity ratio of phones.

But then on the other hand I buy cameras that are more expensive than phones so whatever :D

IQ Test

Oh, and I get what you are saying about the phone camera but it is not going to do this:

v2?webp=true&sig=3cb2024050de8c3492470ec0e7fa77c2f2209433db1c3a255ee548b747012ae2

Ok fine, if you risk losing your finger to get close enough and keep the image small enough sure you'll get close but a phone's little sensor is only going to get you so far.

IQ Test

Amateur at best and only take photos when I get a chance. You need good optical zoom for wildlife and bird photography but the sensor size and lens are way more important.

I've owned a few cameras before and my favourite must be this one: Canon G3X. Unfortunately, my other half took it and now it is hers. I got a proper DSLR (D5300) but I loathe hauling it around with lenses and what not. Just doesn't fit with the type of photos I like to take.

But yes, a regular point-n-shoot is useless and you can just as well use a phone but the premium ones like the G3X and Panasonic TZ110 are in a different league to those. Good compromise between image quality and mobility.

IQ Test

I have a Cannon 550D with a good cannon lens and a Sigma 700mm telephoto lens.

I think I have used that Camera on 3 occasions in 8 years and every time my SO managed to get better pictures with her phone.

Enjoy

[video=youtube]

IQ Test