After Hours Banter

Bandit

Interesting to see Apple is pushing research into MicroLED screens.

I hope this drives down the cost of TV panels if OLED is suddenly dumped onto the market.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-19/apple-is-said-to-develop-displays-to-replace-samsung-screens

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, PW in general agrees with what the sane think of cryptocurrencies :Ped0c602fe7c797a58acf4ac640908896.jpg

I was new to crypto at that time of the one of the most regrettable investment have ever done in my life... (bitconary) it brought a financial instability’s to my finances back then, then I realized never to invest what u can’t afford to lose when it comes to crypto

That is so true, not only because of the risk, but also because a "prepared to lose it" attitude is required before one is psychologically capable of hodling forever. I knew when I put in my money that it might disappear, so I've not sold my cryptos despite the crash. I've simply left everything where it is and deleted the investment from my spreadsheet as if it never existed. If it never recovers, so be it. If it does, I'm in for a lovely bonus.

I guess it is, and always has been, gambling.

That being said, whether you're prepared to lose it or not, it still hurts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Eskom has been making it difficult for me for quite some time now. There are power issues in the complex we moved into and we cannot operate stoves, washing machines and kettles (stuff that makes other stuff warm). Geyser is fine though, luckily.

Now there is loadshedding.

Add to that me struggling to get my fibre going between Clear Access and Afrihost.

I'm so used to living in the stone age and sacrificing meat out on the patio every night, I don't think it phases me that much any more :D

IQ Test

My weekend consisted of staying at the office. Everytime it loadshed we needed to power up the servers. The building has a generator that kicks in on the red plugs, but that takes about a minute or two and the UPSes suddenly don't have the power anymore to carry the servers (loadshedding 3 times a day for 6 and a half hours).

So now its a scramble to find newer and more powerful UPSes (Whilst not breaking the bank.)

This is the current setup (will do it more professionally, but this weekend was code red and emergency maneuvers.) 

Boer maak 'n plan.

cc9c6df1-31ff-460d-b650-858e5d1985de.thumb.jpg.2e75d072976c5783818451643778cb86.jpg

Edited by Spreadsheet Ranger

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

• 7 months later...