Sign in to follow this  
Platinum Wealth

Elite Mobile (Vodacom)

Starting to receive 3 to 4 calls from these guys a day.

Does anyone know where I can report elite mobile to for breach of section 45 of the ECA and the POPI Act? I am honestly getting to the point where I want to take this further because the amount of spam calls and early morning wake up calls that I get from them is just too much. They don’t seem to be part of the ISPA.

EDIT: They mention Vodacom whenever I talk to them, and they try and sell me Vodacom contracts, but I am not sure if they are actually part of Vodacom

I've had the same problem with DialDirect. They post me hard-copy adverts nearly every week, and almost daily spam in my inbox, with no unsubscribe option in their mails. I once e-mailed them and asked them to stop, but that simply (seemingly) increased the amount of spam I received. And this has been going on for years!

• Like 1

For cellphones, you can download the free version of the TrueCaller App (from Google Play Store) that has very effective spam and advertising blocking capabilities. I've been using it for a few months now and I hardly get spam calls anymore on my cell phone.

Edited by SaurusDNA
  • Like 2