The official NiceHash thread

Platinum Wealth

Most GPU miners will probably already be familiar with NiceHash. This thread is dedicated to everything related to NiceHash.

If you have questions about what the the best settings for NiceHash are to get the highest profitability ask them here.

If you have a combination or found a profitable Algorithm on NiceHash share it here with others.

This thread is indented for members to benchmark against each other to ensure everyone gets the highest possible return on investment.

What is NiceHash Miner?

NiceHash Miner is essentially the only tool a miner needs. No need to go through tons of configuration files, various mining software versions, configuration tuning or cryptocurrency coins market analysis. Auto-tuning for best performance and efficiency, automatic selection and runtime automatic switching to most profitable cryptocurrency algorithm are all integrated into NiceHash Miner and will enable you seamless, joyful and profitable mining experience.

How to use it?

All you have to do is download and run the miner, choose the server location that is the closest to your location, run built-in benchmark and enter your Bitcoin wallet address where you want to get your coins sent at - and you are ready to start mining and maximizing your profit.

Where is the profit coming from?

As a back-end NiceHash Miner relies on the NiceHash.com service. By running NiceHash Miner you're essentially selling the hashing power of your CPUs & GPUs to hashing power buyers. Those are using the hashing power to mine various cryptocurrency coins - similar to cloud computing - only that by running NiceHash Miner you're actually being a provider for the cryptocurrency mining hashing power. You are being part of a global compute power network, empowering decentralized digital currencies.

Which devices are supported

In the current version all modern CPUs are supported as well as all recent NVIDIA and AMD GPUs.

Why use NiceHash  to sell your hashing power?

• Simple as using a multipool
  • Be paid more than any multipool pays
  • You are paid on pure no-risk PPS reward system
  • No contracts
  • Automatic daily, weekly, and monthly payments in Bitcoins
  • No registration - just point your miner to our stratum proxy with your Bitcoin address as username
  • No limits - use as many rigs as you like
  • Transparency - know exactly how much are you earning at any time
  • No need to wait for unexchanged coins - you are paid in Bitcoins for every submitted share
  • Detailed statistics for up to past 7 days
  • Per worker statistics
  • Trustworthy service with all-time regular payments

Use this thread to ask questions about NiceHash.

S, if I buy hashing power does that mean I can mine bitcoins or whatever without doing anything on my machine? Do I still need a client or can I just log onto the site, buy $2000 worth of hashing and see bitcoins roll into my wallet?

IQ Test

S, if I buy hashing power does that mean I can mine bitcoins or whatever without doing anything on my machine? Do I still need a client or can I just log onto the site, buy $2000 worth of hashing and see bitcoins roll into my wallet?

Correct. The mining rigs everyone is building is used to "sell" their hardware's power to you the "buyer", but not directly.

If you want to mine bitcoin you need far more powerful hardware than a couple of rigs so instead you go and say look I am willing to buy X amount of hash power from you guys (there is a calculator etc) and then nicehash pools that hashing power together for you in the background by splitting the work between Person A's rigs, PersonB's rigs and PersonX's rigs and so forth.

In essence this means that the provider (Seller/Rig owner) is 100% paid for all valid work that his rig(s) produces (just as using any ordinary pool or multupool) and the buyers(You/Hamster) pays 100% only for valid work that has been submitted. (Just as it would be using your own rigs).

NiceHash_how-it-works_medium.png.9b9f0b77722cebb811a1118b4ed2214f.png

It's 100% fair game for sellers and buyers.

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

Did any of you ran into this issue yet?

After about 10 hours I get this:

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:4006

Here is my log output:

[2017-05-12 11:22:11] [iNFO] [NICEHASH] SMA get
[2017-05-12 11:22:43] [iNFO] [NICEHASH] Balance get
[2017-05-12 11:23:52] [iNFO] [MiningSession] Current Global profit: 18.25122547 USD/Day
[2017-05-12 11:23:52] [iNFO] [MiningSession] Current Global profit: IS PROFITABLE MinProfit mine always regardless of profit
[2017-05-12 11:23:52] [iNFO] [MiningSession] PrevStateProfit 0.0101735947275296, CurrentProfit 0.0101735947275296
[2017-05-12 11:23:52] [iNFO] [MiningSession] Will not switch profit diff is 0, current threshold 0.05
[2017-05-12 11:24:11] [iNFO] [NICEHASH] SMA get
[2017-05-12 11:25:16] [iNFO] [excavator-MINER_ID(7)-DEVICE_IDs(0,1,2,3,4,5)] [pid(5996)|bin(bin\excavator\excavator.exe)] Miner_Exited Will restart in 5000 ms
[2017-05-12 11:25:18] [iNFO] [excavator-MINER_ID(7)-DEVICE_IDs(0,1,2,3,4,5)] [pid(5996)|bin(bin\excavator\excavator.exe)] Restarting miner..
[2017-05-12 11:25:18] [iNFO] [excavator-MINER_ID(7)-DEVICE_IDs(0,1,2,3,4,5)] [pid(5996)|bin(bin\excavator\excavator.exe)] Shutting down miner
[2017-05-12 11:25:18] [iNFO] [excavator-MINER_ID(7)-DEVICE_IDs(0,1,2,3,4,5)] Starting miner [pid(8684)|bin(bin\excavator\excavator.exe)]  -cd 0 0 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5   -a equihash -p 4006 -s equihash.eu.nicehash.com:3357 -u mybicoinaddresstookitouthere.SCearth:x
[2017-05-12 11:25:18] [iNFO] [excavator-MINER_ID(7)-DEVICE_IDs(0,1,2,3,4,5)] [pid(8684)|bin(bin\excavator\excavator.exe)] Starting cooldown checker
[2017-05-12 11:25:20] [iNFO] [excavator-MINER_ID(7)-DEVICE_IDs(0,1,2,3,4,5)] [pid(8684)|bin(bin\excavator\excavator.exe)] Miner_Exited Will restart in 5000 ms
[2017-05-12 11:25:23] [iNFO] [excavator-MINER_ID(7)-DEVICE_IDs(0,1,2,3,4,5)] [pid(8684)|bin(bin\excavator\excavator.exe)] Restarting miner..

Mmm, this is interesting and would be nice to get involved. However signed up on Nicehash and ran into a brick wall. :-O. Anyone have a guide on what/how to buy or select the correct thing for those people like me that dont understand all the big words? :-)

Mmm, this is interesting and would be nice to get involved. However signed up on Nicehash and ran into a brick wall. :-O. Anyone have a guide on what/how to buy or select the correct thing for those people like me that dont understand all the big words? :-)

Getting started is easy, making it work consistently takes time. There is a lot of small things that is different on each computer.

To get started download the miner -> https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=nhmintro

Then extract that file to your desktop.

Then click on the nicehash exe inside and let the program run, follow the steps and then enter your bitcoin address. After that you are mining.

marketplace.jpg

Here is a beginners guide:

https://www.leetpro.co.za/beginners-guide-to-altcoin-mining-and-getting-paid-in-bitcoin-the-south-african-version/

• 2 weeks later...

@Platinum Wealth are you mining for yourself or for Nicehash?

Primarily Nicehash.

I am going to experiment with Linux over the weekend and see if we cannot juice out some power hashes.

Another focus will be to mine currencies directly. I wanted to continue with ether, but I am not completely clued up how Proof of Stake will affect mining, perhaps @Leetpro can give some insight there.

• 1 month later...

Same here between $9 and $13 per rig at the moment.

I hope everyone sells so it can pick up.

My rig went in for a fault. Lost the last 2 weeks profits[PENSIVE FACE]. So disappointed.

Have you tried Dubai coin?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...