Your TFIA/TFSA

Bandit

And then there is this...

Hahaha...   Yes, I don't know what's going on with standard bank lately.

They haven't even added NFEVAL and NFEVOL to their TFIA purchase list yet three weeks later (you can trade them on OST, but you can't buy them on their main site yet).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also looking at ASHGEQ,  but the volumes are so low, which is discouraging me

I might be wrong, but in South Africa all ETFs have what is called a market maker which means volume doesn't matter all that much. Liquidity is guaranteed.

IQ Test

I might be wrong, but in South Africa all ETFs have what is called a market maker which means volume doesn't matter all that much. Liquidity is guaranteed.

Correct sir. Just don't buy before 9.10am or after 4.50pm I believe, because the market maker isn't "there". The ETF providers all have market makers which provide the liquidity

Correct sir. Just don't buy before 9.10am or after 4.50pm I believe, because the market maker isn't "there". The ETF providers all have market makers which provide the liquidity

They buy at the NAV though and not the market price, or at least that is what one of the providers do. It through me when I first found out because I was selling for X and the price was already over that. So I phoned them and asked what's going on... not cool :(

IQ Test

I moved some from an FNB TFSA cash deposit to EE. What a nightmare. Took more than a month I believe

Did you have to pay any fees?

I have a TFSA with ABSA and after their latest move, I am thinking of going to EasyEquities.

Did you have to pay any fees?

I have a TFSA with ABSA and after their latest move, I am thinking of going to EasyEquities.

No fees for me. 

Think I saw somewhere that ABSA will charge you +-R170 to transfer out. Make sure to pay it outside of your TFSA though

• 1 year later...
18 hours ago, Spreadsheet Ranger said:

I have been neglecting my TFSA (it's like my money is just not going as far anymore) in 2017/18 it was easy to put away the monthly contributions, but 2019/2020 expenses just piled up.  

Tell me about it. G'damn house...

IQ Test