Your TFIA/TFSA

Bandit

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Easy Equities, might switch to ABSA come November.

Made up of:

DBXWD (33.3%) - offshore and Rand hedge

STXIND (33.3%) - local and offshore, historically good growth and some dividends

DIVTRX (33.3%) - dividend focussed and showing great growth. Also gives me exposure to equities not in STXIND so more diverse.

I try to allocate my R30k as soon as possible instead of R2500 pm. As far as growth goes ...I made some silly mistakes (sold at a lost, missed out on recovery) but recently recovered. I now sit at a nice and round 0% growth :D:(

Sent from my LG-V490 using Tapatalk

IQ Test

I am going to focus on mine this year, from this month onwards. Damn you MTN, Taste, KAP, Sygnia and Santova.

With that said I see Simon Brown hinting a lot in his webinars for the TFSA that may increase close to R100K from R30K and that they might be accepting regulation 28 unit trusts and certain single shares.

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

The TFSA that you get when registering with EasyEquities doesn't look to bad. I like the idea and there is no minimal amount you have to put in every month as with other TFSA's.

Think I'm going to use them. Any suggestions why not?

https://www.easyequities.co.za/About/TaxFreeInvesting

Would have liked to know before I invest what their return will be more or less...but I don't see it on the website.

The TFSA that you get when registering with EasyEquities doesn't look to bad. I like the idea and there is no minimal amount you have to put in every month as with other TFSA's.

Would have liked to know before I invest what their return will be more or less...but I don't see it on the website.

The TFSA from EasyEquities is brilliant. As for the return that will depends, it's actually a TFIA (Investment) so you can invest in ETF's tax free.

TFIA's to me is an option between EasyEquities and ABSA. If memory serves ABSA's is cheaper if trades are more than R10k.

EasyEquities have the benefit of fractional shares which means almost all the funds in the account can be invested whereas ABSA only trades in full shares meaning some money is always left over after a trade. It is minimal but could make a difference.

You can't really go wrong with either of them. Easier to open an account on EE though.

IQ Test

I need to pay serious attention on how I need to go about this regarding the combination of ETFs

I thought about DIVTRX, but I'm not sure I dont see the benefit in dividends unless you have 200k + invested in that dividend share/ETF

So what I want to focus on in my TFSA is capital growth. Aggressive capital growth.

[...]So what I want to focus on in my TFSA is capital growth. Aggressive capital growth.[...]

Any promising ideas for that aggressive growth?

Right now I have what I thought would be a high risk, but with high growth portfolio, but its not growing as I had hoped.

Looking to change things up as I said in the other thread, looking for something to do with gold...

Any ideas???

Currently:

1. Satrix FINI (15%)

2. Satrix INDI (20%)

3. Ashburton MidCap (10%)

4. DBX World (25%)

5. DivTrax (15%)

6. PTXTEN (15%)

[...]So what I want to focus on in my TFSA is capital growth. Aggressive capital growth.[...]

Right now I have what I thought would be a high risk, but with high growth portfolio, but its not growing as I had hoped.

Looking to change things up as I said in the other thread, looking for something to do with gold...

Any ideas???

Currently:

1. Satrix FINI (15%)

2. Satrix INDI (20%)

4. DBX World (25%)

5. DivTrax (15%)

6. PTXTEN (15%)

I am not a big fan of Dividend stocks since you need 100's of thousands of rands before it reaps any reward since dividend ETF's themselves barley grow they go horizontal at best.

As for my current thought that I want to start at the end of this month is the following:

JSE : MAPPSG (40%)

JSE : DBXWD (15%)

JSE : PTXTEN (15%)

JSE : STXINDI (15%)

Cash (15%) in the account accumulating for when the new EFTs gets released then I will buy some of them.

Any ideas???

Currently:

1. Satrix FINI (15%)

2. Satrix INDI (20%)

4. DBX World (25%)

5. DivTrax (15%)

6. PTXTEN (15%)

I am not a big fan of Dividend stocks since you need 100's of thousands of rands before it reaps any reward since dividend ETF's themselves barley grow they go horizontal at best.

As for my current thought that I want to start at the end of this month is the following:

Cash (15%) in the account accumulating for when the new EFTs gets released then I will buy some of them.

Not a fan of dividends, buys property...

IQ Test

Any ideas???

Currently:

1. Satrix FINI (15%)

2. Satrix INDI (20%)

4. DBX World (25%)

5. DivTrax (15%)

6. PTXTEN (15%)

For aggressive growth I'd go with STXIND and DBXWD. I'd heavily go for STXIND because of Naspers (dangerous though). I combined those with some DIVTRX as well because even though it is geared for dividends there are some good stocks in there and it is growing pretty well atm.

IQ Test

Any ideas???

Currently:

1. Satrix FINI (15%)

2. Satrix INDI (20%)

4. DBX World (25%)

5. DivTrax (15%)

6. PTXTEN (15%)

Not a fan of dividends, buys property...

For the growth. People need a place to live.

For aggressive growth I'd go with STXIND and DBXWD. I'd heavily go for STXIND because of Naspers (dangerous though). I combined those with some DIVTRX as well because even though it is geared for dividends there are some good stocks in there and it is growing pretty well atm.

DIVTRX has grown 14% Year to date, but has been falling since middle April, STXIND has only done 1% year to date, and has fallen since the beginning of the month.

I'm so confused as to what's going on and what to do to stop the losses...

DIVTRX has grown 14% Year to date, but has been falling since middle April, STXIND has only done 1% year to date, and has fallen since the beginning of the month.

I'm so confused as to what's going on and what to do to stop the losses...

Stop looking at it in such a short window of time. I'm almost 30 so looking at withdrawing from my TFSA come 2045. One month, heck, one year is nothing on that scale.

IQ Test

Is there a list of all the allowed ETF's in the TFSA?

I'd like to take the weekend and do some research in order to buy next week Friday.

1. Login to EasyEquities/[whatever platform you use]

2. Switch to TFSA account

3. Invest -> Companies 

?

Ashburton Inflation ETF (ASHINF)

Ashburton Mid Cap ETF (ASHMID)

Ashburton Top 40 ETF (ASHT40)

Coreshares Divtrax ETF (DIVTRX)

CoreShares Green ETF (CGREEN)

Coreshares LowVol Trax ETF (LVLTRX)

Coreshares Preftrax ETF (PREFTX)

Coreshares Proptrax Sapy ETF (PTXSPY)

Coreshares Proptrax Ten ETF (PTXTEN)

CoreShares Top 40 Equally Weighted ETF (CSEW40)

Coreshares Top50 ETF (CTOP50)

DB X-Trackers Col in Japan ETF (DBXJP)

DB X-Trackers Col in USA EF (DBXUS)

DB X-Trackers Col in WLD ETF (DBXWD)

DB X-Trackers DJ Euro Stoxx 50 ETF (DBXEU)

Db X-Trackers FTSE 100 ETF (DBXUK)

Erafi Overall SA Index ETF (RAFISA)

Erafi SA Financial 15 Idx ETF (RAFFIN)

Erafi SA Industrial 25 Idx ETF (RAFIND)

Erafi SA Resource 20 Idx ETF (RAFRES)

Mapps Protect (MAPPSP)

Newfunds Equity Momentum ETF (NFEMOM)

Newfunds Govi ETF (NFGOVI)

Newfunds Ilbi ETF (NFILBI)

Newfunds Mapps Growth ETF (MAPPSG)

Newfunds NewSA Index ETF (NEWFSA)

NewFunds S&P GIVI SA Financial 15 Index (GIVFIN)

NewFunds S&P GIVI SA Industrial 25 Index (GIVIND)

NewFunds S&P GIVI SA Resource 15 Index (GIVRES)

NewFunds S&P GIVI SA Top 50 Index (GIVISA)

Newfunds Shariah To40 ETF (NFSH40)

Newfunds Swix 40 ETF (NFSWIX)

Newfunds TRACI 3 Month ETF (NFTRCI)

Satrix Divi Plus (STXDIV)

Satrix Fini (STXFIN)

Satrix Indi (STXIND)

Satrix Rafi 40 (STXRAF)

Satrix Resi (STXRES)

Satrix Swix 40 (STXSWX)

Satrix Top 40 (STX40)

Stanlib SA Property ETF (STPROP)

Stanlib Swix40 ETF (STANSX)

Stanlib Top40 ETF (STAN40)

EDIT:  :P

IQ Test

No DIVTRX then?

Well, I envy you only starting now. Fscking market is killing my TFSA :(

With my luck the market will continue to kill me hehehe.

I want to get DIVTRX after seeing the underlying companies.

Right now whilst it's "low" I would like to max out my TFSA with DBXWD and MAPPSG then next year I want to do DIVTRX and a mid cap.

I am still working it all out I was aiming to have around 10 ETFs with 15k in each and then repeat upping the holding equally in each until I reach the 500k mark in a few years time.

That would be most ideal good diversity and then keep it for retirement.

The problem is I want to save/invest to get enough money to buy a house. I'm renting at the moment and that 6K a month I never see again if much rather pay 6k towards a bond and then I get to keep the property, the problem thou is i have zero clue how to go about buying or saving to buy a house.

So thorough investments I want to save up as close to a million as possible as I assume the larger my deposit the less my monthly payment?

With regards to the house - make double sure that's what you want. My gf is struggling to sell hers as it is. All that money in that "investment"...and it is stuck.

Personally, never owned one either and not planning to in the near future (if ever). My rent is at R8500 pm but no property tax, levies, maintenance costs or interest to pay because of a massive loan.

IQ Test