Bandit

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link?

Here is the latest factsheet.

And here is the marketing sheet

Does not need to be Sygnia just want to know if anybody else is using something similar.

Is that only available via a TFSA/TFSI or can I buy that fund as part of my normal savings, because it looks like the sort of split I would like to focus on for 5 years as a medium term hold along side my DIY EasyEquities portfolio.

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

Link?

Does not need to be Sygnia just want to know if anybody else is using something similar.

Is that only available via a TFSA/TFSI or can I buy that fund as part of my normal savings, because it looks like the sort of split I would like to focus on for 5 years as a medium term hold along side my DIY EasyEquities portfolio.

I'm sure its available outside the TFSA, I also have this alongside my DIY EE portfolio. Might also consider investing in it outside of my TFSA as its tax efficient since they can change the asset allocations in a unconstrained manner without CGT penalties since its done inside the fund.

Link?

I use this: http://www.stanlib.com/MultiManager/Documents/Factsheets/Retail/2016/Nov/STANLIB%20Multi-Manager%20All%20Stars%20Fund%20of%20Funds_Nov%202016.pdf

Looks similar as far as diversification goes

IQ Test

Is anyone using the EE bundles for their TFSA?  EE keeps on and on emailing me info on their bundles...

I bought one on my demo money (not the TFSA bundle) in December just to experiment, and the "Aggressive bundle" has gained +-3% since then

I'm not personally using it. Wasn't a fan of the additional fees on top of brokerage.

Link?

I use this: http://www.stanlib.com/MultiManager/Documents/Factsheets/Retail/2016/Nov/STANLIB%20Multi-Manager%20All%20Stars%20Fund%20of%20Funds_Nov%202016.pdf

That doesn't have international equities though right?

It does, up to a maximum of 25%

It is a fully invested, multi-managed equity portfolio managed within the guidelines of the ASISA South African Equity General Sector (currently a maximum of 25% global equity) allowed.

I supplement it with the Global Feeder fund: http://www.stanlib.com/Individuals/whatweoffer/Pages/Fund.aspx?FundID=02f347e8-0a59-4990-9232-e531f8627c97

IQ Test

Link?

Is that according to the rand hedged stocks or actual international stocks? Hate it when they only show the top 10 :/

Is that according to the rand hedged stocks or actual international stocks? Hate it when they only show the top 10 :/

Actual shares.

Check the fact sheets of their underlying funds.

IQ Test

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody here happy with the funds that they chose for their TFSA?

Not just based on returns, but with their choices after researching fact sheets, underlying funds, future plans for those companies etc. 

I did my own research into funds that looked like they should perform well. Only they didn't (NFEMOM, STXIND, CTOP50, all the DBX's, MAPPSG+P etc)

Found this list on some website:

4098026_tfsaETFs-Copy.thumb.png.882470d5129875edf3d97465a35b8a0b.png

And charted only a few of the to see happened during the year:

1551790488_tfsaETFs3.JPG.1af5840eaeddaf5b42a17a6c046f1056.JPG

Feels like I should shuffle my TFSA somewhat this year, when it's time to topup the next R30k.

I think in the long term my choices will pan out, but hell like you have shown, the past year has been so weird all the markets are down yet no one is punting Armageddon, but when I look at my account it surely feels like it.

STXIND - Dead

DbxWD - Red

DbxJP - I have no idea what the hell has happened there the past year

CTOP50 - The JSE is overvalued so I suspect there will be a massive suprise waiting on us later this year.

PTXTEN - Red

The only ETF worth buying is NFEMOM

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

NFEMOM is certainly interesting, if you look at the past year's performance:

(What happened during July - September?????, something political? I can't remember...)

nfemom2.thumb.png.8ff9fbd0b82fbeb9fdceb5a580ee0e61.png

I'm considering giving up on my STXIND (at -6.5% currently) and putting it all into NFEMOM or ASHMID or NFGOVI, or something

NFEMOM is certainly interesting, if you look at the past year's performance:

(What happened during July - September?????, something political? I can't remember...)

I'm considering giving up on my STXIND (at -6.5% currently) and putting it all into NFEMOM or ASHMID or NFGOVI, or something

NFEMOM changed the underlying index they were tracking to one developed at WITS. It is now a much better/smarter ETF in my opinion.

I would do things differently if I started out now but I'll rectify it in the coming months. One thing I'm terribly angry with myself in doing was buy STXIND :(

DIVTRX can stay

DBXWD can stay (don't think I'll swop it for CSP500)

STXIND needs to DIE! Probably replace it with PTXTEN.

I own NFEMOM outside of my TFSA so not sure if I want or need it inside. PTXTEN and DIVTRX provide income and growth so probably making better use of my tax break having them inside of the TFSA.

IQ Test

True. Now compare NFEMOM and DIVTRX and have your mind blown :P

I trust NFEMOM more even if it is using past performance as it's main indicator (meaning you'll never buy at a low). STXIND and any other index ETF is just choosing some arb reason as to why a certain share holds more value and in STXIND's case it's because the company is worth more. Hardly a good enough reason to invest in it in my opinion.

At least CTOP50 and PTXTEN are putting capped weights on shares so you cannot be over exposed.

IQ Test

• 1 month later...

Guess who's TFSA finally started showing some growth, a whole 0.54% in the green :cool: ... 

Decided to check today after adding R5k beginning of the month:

tfsa4.thumb.JPG.4fec85054aa844624141773306f93a18.JPG

Even STXIND is showing signs of improvement, when looking at weekly indicators:

stxindj.thumb.JPG.86a4843a5fb241a7a2cc9c59d53f3521.JPG

P.S. Has anybody thought about moving their TFSA account to a different service provider? I read somewhere last week that from 1 March 2017 you will be allowed to transfer your account? Not sure if I read/understood it correctly

Guess who's TFSA finally started showing some growth, a whole 0.54% in the green :cool: ... 

P.S. Has anybody thought about moving their TFSA account to a different service provider? I read somewhere last week that from 1 March 2017 you will be allowed to transfer your account? Not sure if I read/understood it correctly

The transfer deadline has now been moved out by a year to 1 March 2018.

The transfer deadline has now been moved out by a year to 1 March 2018.

Seems they will keep on moving the deadline each year.