Which one of you messed this up?

SuperJK

Who/what is the market maker?

(I'm very new to this.)

The Market Maker is basically a "trader" that trades the ETF at it's NAV (confirm this, I stand to be corrected). It means that an ETF is very liquid and will be traded when your limit order hits.

It's a bit more involved and I cannot recall all the details from memory, but the above is the basic idea and if I'm not mistaken an ETF must have a market maker in South Africa.

IQ Test

The Market Maker is basically a "trader" that trades the ETF at it's NAV (confirm this, I stand to be corrected). It means that an ETF is very liquid and will be traded when your limit order hits.

It's a bit more involved and I cannot recall all the details from memory, but the above is the basic idea and if I'm not mistaken an ETF must have a market maker in South Africa.

Does that mean that ABSA is NFEMOM's market maker and Sygnia is DbxWD's market maker or is the market maker some other entity?

I am also new to all this. I wanted to ask Phatphil's question for ages, but was afraid it's a noob question.

Does that mean that ABSA is NFEMOM's market maker and Sygnia is DbxWD's market maker or is the market maker some other entity?

I am also new to all this. I wanted to ask Phatphil's question for ages, but was afraid it's a noob question.

Each provider has their own, for example, http://coreshares.co.za/about/  (scroll down and you'll see a guy named Ryan Massey)

It's a funny thing because I had a CoreShares' ETF (think it was CTOP50) I was selling off in mass and had to ask them why the market maker isn't buying back my ETF even when the limit is hit. Turns out they only bought at the NAV. And they also didn't buy all at once but rather in portions so my one transaction turned into three.

Not sure if all Market Makers/providers are equal but in my limited experience I've had an easier ride with ABSA ETFs than CoreShares.

EDIT: then again, look at the GLPROP fact sheet and you'll see that ETF's market maker is:

MCB Stockbrokers (SEM)

Bridge Stockbrokers

IQ Test

Sheeesh... Who's that? Seems like a very worrisome mistake concidering what else can just be swopped around.

If siad person had swapped buy/sell around the system (well, ABSA at least) would've told him "Hey bro, you sure? This will probably be traded the moment you click submit"

IQ Test