Good Evening fellow investors, 

I have started my TFSA recently, and have been looking into the outvest fixed Endowment as an additional investment. Does anyone have experience with this investment, or any good 5 year investment options. 

Thank you. 

The only thing I know about endowments is that 1) they're tax efficient and 2) some people get burnt by the fine print and end up making nothing.

IQ Test

17 hours ago, Kyle Roman said:

Good Evening fellow investors, 

I have started my TFSA recently, and have been looking into the outvest fixed Endowment as an additional investment. Does anyone have experience with this investment, or any good 5 year investment options. 

Thank you. 

Consider that Outvest's Fixed Endowment invests in a 5-year Absa Fixed deposit. 

From a tax perspective,

- income from the Outvest Fixed Endowment will be in the form of interest

- R 23 800 interest per annum is exempt from income tax. (R34.5k if older than 65)

Endowments are taxed at a flat rate of 30%

Their offer thus is interesting if

(a) your marginal income tax rate is greater than 30%

& (b) you have used all of or a considerable amount of your annual interest exemption at SARS !!!

Note: Outvest quotes a simple rate of interest. This really is somewhat misleading. The FSCA should really enfore FSPs to quote nominal or effective rates only. 

• Like 1