Property Investments

DieWerner

There are two kinds of people in this world:

- Those who believe buying property is a good investment, and property ETF's are dumb.

- Those who believe buying property is a terrible investment, and property ETF's are the best.

This isn't about that. 

This is about spam emails I suddenly started getting from a specific property investment company, who wants me to buy an investment property through them. Claiming big ROI's and growth potential...  

Think how much confidence they inspire in people if they can't even spell "cumulative"...

Has anyone here ever bought a property through such a company??? Or maybe know someone who has?

This is an excerpt from today's email:

1069056696_justproperty.JPG.0ddcd856667f24dea61dbb7ef62c233b.JPG

PS. The  "Power Capital of SA" they refer to is Lephalale of all places  :huh:

Ha! Well I would probably buy a property ETF rather.

That said its a lot easier to buy a R1 million property with the banks money than to buy R1 million's worth of ETFs

But paying that +-10% interest to the bank, in stead of earning interest/gains in the ETF though...

But paying that +-10% interest to the bank, in stead of earning interest/gains in the ETF though...

I suspect the capital gains on the value of the property will far out weigh the interest earned.

Perhaps someone can do a proper analysis for us.