What is your best financial decision ever?

Spreadsheet Ranger

We have the worst, now let's hear the best.

I'm fairly young so I haven't had to make any big financial decisions other than making a conscious effort to put money aside each month to invest, I think learning a lot about investing and money management will be very beneficial going forward.

What is the best financial decision you have ever made?

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

We have the worst, now let's hear the best.

I'm fairly young so I haven't had to make any big financial decisions other than making a conscious effort to put money aside each month to invest, I think learning a lot about investing and money management will be very beneficial going forward.

What is the best financial decision you have ever made?

hmmmmm

i read up on Mr Money Mustache ( MMM) a while ago, and one thing he pushed is that being frugal has much much higher rewards than trying to get gains from the market.

Thus in the last 2 to 3 years, by carefully cutting costs/expenses  (take aways, cooked food , high maintenance cars, etc etc), i was able to bring my savings to close to 40 % (where previously i dont even know where each paycheck went :o)

Cars is now paid off, credit card is squashed, and i can now focus on investing (or paying off the bond). Since last year was such a bad performer, i am inclined to push more savings into my bond this year.

Cancelling my next BMW OTP with my management promotion and opening a share trading account. Wish I did this in my 20s, but Its been going for 10 years already. I should have bought more and liquid assets as oppose to lifestyle so called assets instead of investing in a zero return golf estate stand.

That's how you learn. Property exposure? Buy listed property, always liquid. Like NEP, etc.

Spread risk through mutual funds.

They should be teaching kids in school this, most schools don't...

• 2 years later...