Quote button not working for me

Purply

Right now mybb has a very odd way of doing things, it appears the Qoute button needs to work in conjunction with the reply button.

For instance if you want to quote one person then you can simply press reply on that specific post and it will include the post as a quote.

If you want to Quote multiple posts you will need to press quote on the posts and then in the quick reply box at the bottom you will see the following message: "You have selected one or more posts to quote. Quote these posts now or deselect them."

That is how the quote button works on mybb.

Trust me it not ideal, but we will need to work around it for the time being.

I want to end up on Vbulleten 5 by end of this year however at $399.00 + $169.00 it is quite expensive and we will need to make do with this forum platform for now, but I want to point out that I am fully indented to move to vbulletin if this takes off.

Right now mybb has a very odd way of doing things, it appears the Qoute button needs to work in conjunction with the reply button.

For instance if you want to quote one person then you can simply press reply on that specific post and it will include the post as a quote.

If you want to Quote multiple posts you will need to press quote on the posts and then in the quick reply box at the bottom you will see the following message: "You have selected one or more posts to quote. Quote these posts now or deselect them."

That is how the quote button works on mybb.

Trust me it not ideal, but we will need to work around it for the time being.

I want to end up on Vbulleten 5 by end of this year however at $399.00 + $169.00 it is quite expensive and we will need to make do with this forum platform for now, but I want to point out that I am fully indented to move to vbulletin if this takes off.

Ok great, thanks for the info. It's not 100% right though, but I can work with it :)

This is the official description from the Admin Panel if that helps.

No worries, all sorted now :)

My laptop screen was tilted in such a way that I couldn't see the line in-between the "quoted area" and where I start writing my reply, if that makes any sense.

This is the official description from the Admin Panel if that helps.

No worries, all sorted now :)

My laptop screen was tilted in such a way that I couldn't see the line in-between the "quoted area" and where I start writing my reply, if that makes any sense.

Still a un-user friendly use of the qoute button regardless

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

• 9 months later...

Dafuq is going on here, each time I want to quote someone in a reply, the below happens.

Why on earth is "jonobruton" there, he's not even in the thread I'm trying to reply in.

In fact it happens in any thread for me :(

dafuq.png.afea48fb9c72057cf60e1b7da8c15022.png