Stock Watch Thread

Spreadsheet Ranger

@Groovy do you own Aspen?

I saw the bad news over the weekend and thinking it will probably open blood red.

I always wonder how people like me that uses EasyEquities can protect ourselves against what happens in that auction phase before the market open and then since we can only sell 15 laters after the market opens by that time the floor is red.

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

I saw the bad news over the weekend and thinking it will probably open blood red.

I always wonder how people like me that uses EasyEquities can protect ourselves against what happens in that auction phase before the market open and then since we can only sell 15 laters after the market opens by that time the floor is red.

I owned some Aspen, and  was down and looking to sell at some time, then I saw the bad news on EOH on Thursday morning which I also held and sold both on EE as soon as I could. I was happy on EOH they went down another 3% after I sold. Would be interesting to see Aspen on Monday.

I owned some Aspen, and  was down and looking to sell at some time, then I saw the bad news on EOH on Thursday morning which I also held and sold both on EE as soon as I could. I was happy on EOH they went down another 3% after I sold. Would be interesting to see Aspen on Monday.

Eish yea I saw EOH on Twitter

Sorry guys, can you post a link to the news about Aspen must have missed it.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Here's the link for you

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/drug-giant-aspen-plot-destroy-cancer-medicine-big-pharma-times-investigation-a7683521.html

Terrible news for shareholders, i don't own any health stocks at the moment , i sold mediclinic when i kept on getting burnt by inside traders, people selling before bad news come out,and when the news come out it's already late for me @Spreadsheet Ranger . Aspen wanted to outdo EOH .... (congratulations aspen, you played yourself)

The only protection for us easyequities users is Crossed Fingers, because we can't participate in the auctions. Our platform is for long term, ride all the waves and tsunamis

Those of you with mediclinic stocks must be jumping out of your seats now.

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/market-report-mediclinic-fighting-fit-after-abu-dhabi-ditches-charges-a3525286.html

It's already up 13% in London so tomorrow the JSE listed one will jump.

@spreadsheet ranger you think KAP worth it at 9.54? Thanks.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using the Platinum Wealth app

Definitely, it's a well diversified company with exceptional management. Will it dip in price, certainly will I be timing the dip, not at all.

This is my favorite stock on the JSE I buy a little of them each month. I am holding it for retirement so one must take into account my goal and risk evaluation is a bit different than someone wanting to sell this stock short term. For me the management is incredible and the company is very very very well diversified, hell they even make mattresses if I remember correctly, they also have chemicals and forestry besides the main logistics. So for a long term hold I do believe this is a company that will continue to grow.

------

The whole don't take my advice, do your own research disclaimer etc etc

Thank you. I have read up on KAP checked their website. Price high at the moment. Me buying for 3 to 5 year investment. Thanks again!

It is a pleasure.

Again not advice etc etc, but personally if I was to buy them now and commit to hold them for 4 years, I would buy at the current price, it might dip to below 850, but in the end of the day by the time 47 months has passed their price will be considerably more rendering your entry price moot. (Again, this is just my opinion - do not buy based on what I believe. I can be wrong.)

I just love KAP so much, it's the one stock that I can always trust.

@Groovy whats up on your side any interesting developments or new bargains?

@Spreadsheet Ranger I'm currently on double dutch mode Ranger, hesitating to get more Adapt IT, i suspect it can slip a little further to R9 something, and i can get it there. It has really slipped though, from R16 to 10.50. I bought at 11.20 thinking it had found its support, but naah, i was wrong.

It is a pleasure.

Again not advice etc etc, but personally if I was to buy them now and commit to hold them for 4 years, I would buy at the current price, it might dip to below 850, but in the end of the day by the time 47 months has passed their price will be considerably more rendering your entry price moot. (Again, this is just my opinion - do not buy based on what I believe. I can be wrong.)

If it dips will buy more at the lower price. Thanks very much!

@Spreadsheet Ranger I'm currently on double dutch mode Ranger, hesitating to get more Adapt IT, i suspect it can slip a little further to R9 something, and i can get it there. It has really slipped though, from R16 to 10.50. I bought at 11.20 thinking it had found its support, but naah, i was wrong.

Man I wish there was a way to short on EE.

I'm telling you, if you have the ability to short some stocks this JSE is offering exceptional potential at the moment.

Man I wish there was a way to short on EE.

I'm telling you, if you have the ability to short some stocks this JSE is offering exceptional potential at the moment.

Ranger don't even mention that. But we'll get ours too, we'll play with the hand dealt.

On JSE:PPE what positive(s) did you pick up on the results? I loved that EasyEquities is growing and believe the investment in technology will payoff in the near future.

Ranger don't even mention that. But we'll get ours too, we'll play with the hand dealt.

On JSE:PPE what positive(s) did you pick up on the results? I loved that EasyEquities is growing and believe the investment in technology will payoff in the near future.

I actually want to read this today - I received it in an E-mail, I assume we all did.

Hi

Recently EasyEquities’ holding company, Purple Group, announced its interim financial results. As you know I am incredibly proud of the growth we’ve seen over the last few years, and of all of you who have not only joined in our our journey but have created your own, towards financial empowerment, on our platform.

A lot of you have mentioned that you’re interested in a little more insight behind the numbers. That’s why I thought you might want to read this in depth look at Purple Group by financial anayst Mark Ingham. Ingham is well-known in local markets and has consulted with some major international companies such as Morgan Stanley and RK Equity as well. His client base includes institutional fund managers, stock brokers, private equity investors and listed corporations.

In this analysis, Ingham draws some similarities between Purple Group and companies like Tesla and notes that EasyEquities is increasingly the flagship growth brand.

I want to emphasize that what you think counts – more than you know! So I encourage you all to attend our next AGM (if last year’s is anything to go by, get ready for something different and no doubt fun). Come meet the Purplistas, ask questions and learn more about what it is we do here. 

Thanks,

Charles Savage

CEO, EasyEquities

-- Here is the link to Mark's post: https://goo.gl/wdJxmX