Stock Watch Thread

Spreadsheet Ranger

Whats happening to AdaptIT? Down 18% in the last month

Good point, because the last thing I heard was everyone was so excited saying ApaptIT's acquisition strategy is paying off and then also Audit International was quite a success as well so I am not sure what is driving the price down and or if it is just collateral given the whole JSE did pretty bad the past few weeks, but total month is a bit long so doubt it is that.

I will see if I spot anything and report back.

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

Good point, because the last thing I heard was everyone was so excited saying ApaptIT's acquisition strategy is paying off and then also Audit International was quite a success as well so I am not sure what is driving the price down and or if it is just collateral given the whole JSE did pretty bad the past few weeks, but total month is a bit long so doubt it is that.

Watch this, just out: http://veonews.teleame.com/adapt-it-hot-or-not-2/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

PS I'm not a fan of TV shows that cover investment but this gives some insight that you can take into consideration.

Interm results were good. NAV per share average growth for the last 5 years is ~51%. Maybe people don't see this type of growth continuing?

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

I just sold my holdings this week. Will probably be looking to get back in at a lower price.

Interesting time ahead for those who owns the CoreShares S&P500 ETF

Something happened in the stock market this week that has only occurred twice since 1871: Robert Shiller’s favourite valuation method for the S&P 500, the cyclically adjusted price-to-earnings ratio, reached 30.

Cape-ratio-555x440.png.db263263e6b8837b22e065f30b444cec.png

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

Possibly, but I hope not.

Simon says..

Next month will mark the beginning of the three-year sideways move in our market. Yip, the levels we are trading at today are the same as April 2014; we have gone nowhere.

Markets either correct in time or price. In other words, for a market to become cheaper it either needs to go sideways for a while, as earnings increase, or the prices need to crash lower. Either makes for cheaper valuations and while the crash is the scarier option it is generally the quicker way to cheaper valuations.

Locally, we’ve had the long drawn out ‘going nowhere slowly approach’ instead. That means your broad market Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) have done little or nothing. Even the offshore general ETFs have done little due to recent rand strength taking the shine off the stronger offshore markets.

Sure, three years feels like forever but it’s not. For a long-term investor who invests for decades, three years will be just a blip on their investment journey when we get to the end of the road. While this is frustrating as we watch nothing happening to our investments, the best thing to do is nothing. The move higher will start again one day - we just don’t know which day.

Most importantly is that every time we buy now, we’re getting three-year-old prices. How cool is that? There’s not much we can buy today at the same price it was in 2014. So, carry on buying and enjoy yesteryear's prices.

Simon Brown

SOURCE: JustOneLap http://us12.campaign-archive1.com/?u=92acd379b61510644f0aeb969&id=87255e2958

Our Fed, Who art in Washington, Yellen be thy name, Thy printing come, Thy will be done by Ben as it is with Janet, Give us this day our daily billion, and increase our debts, As we bail out our debtors, And lead us not into inflation, But deliver us from down markets, For thine is the printing, the bubble and the euphoria, Forever till taper. Amen