Spreadsheet Ranger

Stock Watch Thread

Ahoi, Mayties!

JSE:HAR

JSE:SGL

JSE:CFI

Dont forget DRD, my favorite currently.

Very tempted in getting some Sasol today, or wait a bit longer in case it drops even lower?

Definitely should be it's a normal ETF if I am not mistaken. @Hamster maybe you can correct me here?

@dieWerner -> this thread has information about the TFSA/TFIA -> http://www.platinumwealth.co.za/forum/showthread.php?tid=32

Gold ETFs won't be allowed in TFIA accounts because it is not classified as a collective investment (my terminology might be off here). Basically there is a limit as too big a percentage an allowed ETF may have invested into a single share/item. New Gold is not diverse enough.

Closest you'll get to gold in your TFIA is something like a STXRES/GIVRES or some other resource focused ETF.

PPC looks so damn nice at the moment. Not sure if I should buy PPC now in hope that tomorrow's announcement is going to be good and the price shoot up or do we play negative and believe tomorrow's results will be bad and the price dips even lower!!?

I see PPC will announce some stuff interm results tomorrow.

Any link to this? Might be worth a gamble with some small change

I'm not expecting any news from PPC, but some news will be better than no news at all, so hopefully something positive surfaces today, already down 7% as is.

Was that a successful sense announcement? Dammit. I have very little in them, was hoping they stay like this till month end so that I can dump a bit into them.

Was that a successful sense announcement? Dammit. I have very little in them, was hoping they stay like this till month end so that I can dump a bit into them.

On the one part yes, they made some money and have expanded into various countries that will yield profit within the next 12 months, on the other part, they need to raise 4 billion in order to keep going and service their debt, refinancing and the likes. Potential rights issue scenario incoming

On the one part yes, they made some money and have expanded into various countries that will yield profit within the next 12 months, on the other part, they need to raise 4 billion in order to keep going and service their debt, refinancing and the likes. Potential rights issue scenario incoming

If it's a rights issue I will be IN baby. IN! Lommy 02!

Eish the JSE opened blood red

Yip, should probably improve come Friday since Thursday it will be closed, and fed decision comes into play only late Wednesday.

WTH is up with the gold price dropping suddenly yesterday, everything was looking so good...

Eish the JSE opened blood red

Yip, should probably improve come Friday since Thursday it will be closed, and fed decision comes into play only late Wednesday.

Why will the JSE be closed Thursday!?