Spreadsheet Ranger

Stock Watch Thread

I saw this in the Trusco sens announcement:

ten consecutive quarters of negative economic growth has just been reported by the Namibian Statistics
Agency. Technical analysts now classify this prolonged economic recession as a depression. This would
be the first depression in the post-independent economic era in Namibia. 

It would appear things are not going so well in our neighboring country.

34 minutes ago, Luca said:

EFT - what is EFT, I'm new and don't know what is it

You are either trolling or having a brain fart.

Hey guys.

Any educated guesses about whats going on with Discovery's share price at the moment ?

I have had around 5K of shares that I want to dump and transfer to my TFSA, but it's not looking good at the moment.

Coincidentally, Standard Bank actually published a research report on Discovery yesterday (19 February 2019). They give DSY a current SELL recommendation based on a spot valuation of R116 and a 12-month target price of R132.

Edited by SaurusDNA

2 hours ago, SaurusDNA said:

Coincidentally, Standard Bank actually published a research report on Discovery yesterday (19 February 2019). They give DSY a current SELL recommendation based on a spot valuation of R116 and a 12-month target price of R132.

Ouch,

Yeah I'm down 9.21% on Discovery at the moment. Might be worth it to take the knock then and rather put it towards my Top50 in my TFSA

On the flip side, Sibanye has recovered quite nicely in the last 2 months, hope this trend keeps going.

• Like 1

Probably in anticipation of the launch of the bank and the possible fallout from Solidarity regarding the excluding of whites in their black only share scheme?

All I know is that I am very excited for their new bank next month. I think it is fair to assume most discovery medical aid (expensive) holders are banking with FNB/ABSA/Standard Bank and thus Discovery will shakeup the big banks whilst TymeBank and BankZero will shakeup Capitec and Nedbank.

All in all we should enjoy lower fees accross the system for banking, I hope.