Spreadsheet Ranger

Stock Watch Thread

What happened to my post? And why can't I edit it?

New to this forum teething problems I suppose...

What is the link to the image you tried to post? It was base64 encoded so basically the url was so long it broke the layout pushing the edit button off canvas.

I did a Control-C / Control-V copy and paste.

Sorry about that, that can cause some issues.

Right-click on the image and copy the url (assuming it is on the web)

If the image is on your computer use the attachment function.

Tutorial one (ideal):

https://platinumwealth.co.za/forum/Thread-How-to-take-a-screenshot-using-ShareX

Tutorial two (also fine):

https://platinumwealth.co.za/forum/Thread-Guide-Inserting-Images

Thanks!

Okay, let's try again...

I was saying that I think Ellies might just turn a profit this quarter for the first time in a long time:

Ellies.JPG.9cb74eb107ab0021cfd3ad7874ec4646.JPG

• Like 1

But what do they know! :P

That said, I think Simon was also quite negative about the stock some time back either beginning of the year or lat year and I value his views quite a bit.

But wait! We can tag him @SimonPB what do you think about Ellies?

I wrote on ellies month or so back in FinWeek

It turned and I like management who nearly died makes them more cautious, albeit Wayne has quit. If you want some risks then a decent enough punt

• Like 1

How do you guys feel about AEE? (African Equity Empowerment Investments Limited)

Tremendous growth this year...

Would now be a good time to buy STAR? or should i wait it the price settles. Below R20 seems fair

I added some of the SYGNIA ITRIX to my TFSA, see it's at 4.31%. :)

Which one? They're all called ITRIX. I assume the new SYG4IR one?

Any of you buying Steinhoff International Holdings - surely this massive drop is just knee jerk

Any of you buying Steinhoff International Holdings - surely this massive drop is just knee jerk

I just bought some Shoprite (22% drop) so kind of similar

I just bought some Shoprite (22% drop) so kind of similar

Yeah, I don't understand Shoprite. What caused the massive drop?

Yesterday every single stock I had except for Clicks went bright red, but Shoprite seems to have been hit harder than anyone else.

I was going to buy my first Shoprite last month. So glad I didn't!

My regret of yesterday was that I cashed out most of my Bitcoin last month to buy Ethereum. Up 47% yesterday!

And Ethereum is struggling at the moment because most exchanges (inluding Luno's Ethereum) have collapsed because of the Ethereum CryptoKitties craze. Strange world we live in...

Yeah, I don't understand Shoprite. What caused the massive drop?

Yesterday every single stock I had except for Clicks went bright red, but Shoprite seems to have been hit harder than anyone else.

I was going to buy my first Shoprite last month. So glad I didn't!

My regret of yesterday was that I cashed out most of my Bitcoin last month to buy Ethereum. Up 47% yesterday!

And Ethereum is struggling at the moment because most exchanges (inluding Luno's Ethereum) have collapsed because of the Ethereum CryptoKitties craze. Strange world we live in...

Anything connected to Steinhoff in any way is getting hit. Hence Shoprite drop.

Is anyone considering buying Steinhoff at these prices?

Am I just being silly or is there merits to think that this is blown out of proportion and the market is just overreacting?

Is anyone considering buying Steinhoff at these prices?

Am I just being silly or is there merits to think that this is blown out of proportion and the market is just overreacting?

Firstly, my portfolio is so in the red this year, I don't think I believe myself anymore...

That said - to me this looks like an over reaction. Looks like some creative accounting was used - could be even on the criminal side. Debt seems to be the issue -but as is, the business seems to me cash positive. So once everything get out in the open ( and they will clean house and declare everything!) - I expect a rights issue to clear some of the debt.. Personally, do not put this is the same group as Africa Bank which was run by idiots. These guys are smart but have way to much debt and need to restructure - like Super Group did. Personally - think it's worth taking a small, speculative position with the idea to hold at least a year. And if you have eyed STAR - obviously a good time to pick that up as well.