Stock Watch Thread

Spreadsheet Ranger

I am 21% O_O

wow - that's pretty high for one counter and a small cap at that as well as most would say next results are probably also going to be so-so. But, nothing worse than knowing what bus to take, only to see the bus take of without you boarding!

I am 21% O_O

wow - that's pretty high for one counter and a small cap at that as well as most would say next results are probably also going to be so-so. But, nothing worse than knowing what bus to take, only to see the bus take of without you boarding!

I'm a full or go home :P

It was between Rhodes, Choppies, Shoprite and Taste so I chose Taste now I have to hold it out, wait and see.

All my money now will go towards maxing my TFSA

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

I do like Rhodes - have a small (2%) holding - very happy with their last results - i am hoping for t to be a nice steady gainer for quite a few years - seems they made some good acquisitions with their listing cash. Shoprite has never really excited me out of the food retailers. Will be adding a bit in the near future and already have tiny holdings in Spar and WHL which i think I will add to. Both have a nice hard currency edge (so has Rhodes) which I am now starting to value.

I do like Rhodes - have a small (2%) holding - very happy with their last results - i am hoping for t to be a nice steady gainer for quite a few years - seems they made some good acquisitions with their listing cash. Shoprite has never really excited me out of the food retailers. Will be adding a bit in the near future and already have tiny holdings in Spar and WHL which i think I will add to. Both have a nice hard currency edge (so has Rhodes) which I am now starting to value.

Just one lap is a nightmare to navigate, but he had a podcast recently about rhodes food. Apparently is very bad. I will see if I can find the podcast.

Just one lap is a nightmare to navigate, but he had a podcast recently about rhodes food. Apparently is very bad. I will see if I can find the podcast.

Found the podcast and will have a listen tomorrow - cheers. I try not to let others influence my decisions - but I find the more information I get, the better my decisions become.

What does the nedbank platform cost?  Is it the only one you've used? I'm always interested to see how other institutions' platforms compare I know Sanlam and standard bank is pretty on par.

I can only compare to Sharenet, but they become much more expensive when you start buying and selling a lot of shares. I compared my typical costs when buying and selling with that of Sharenet's calculator, and in the majority of cases, Sharenet's cost was almost 50% lower for buying and selling, which makes quite a difference when taking each transaction into account.

However, Nedbank's live pricing pm is a bit cheaper than Sharenet's, about a R100 rand, but the costs of each transaction outweighs this easily.

I with my GT247 account was ready yet I am so ready to take a geared position with JSE:CCO

I'm just a bit afraid that with them being solely London based this whole brexit thing might affect their future prospects, as talks are doing the rounds that the UK might end up in a recession as-well. Maybe this will affect the Hotel and retail industries (not sure if they have any other residential properties)

Anyone who owns PTXTEN is going to be a happy chappy today @Hamster. Pitty only R2k is PTXTEN in my TFSA

I don't own PTXTEN, I have STPROP. When I do buy more property shares I'll go PTXTEN (that way I have the full index but HEAVY exposure to the top 10).

M ore happy about the DIVTRX in my TFIA. But then even though it is up 2.2% today it doesn't really make up for all the losses since Friday ::( ...yet

IQ Test

Looks like TAS hit bottom at around 9:30.

Think it's on it's way up now but yea, just a guess.

TAS is a weird one I am comfortable buying little little every time it hits below 230 cents, but I won't like this to continue, but I think we will remain in these 210 - 250 levels for a few months then when our economy gets a bit better and people can afford to eat out again then TAS will be able to release a positive looking result hopefully and I believe if those factors fall in place that is what will start the slow bullish years to come for TAS, but it won't happen until average citizens's money becomes more again, since now everyone is turning around there hard earned money to afford basic goods which has sky rocketed tremendously.

I use myself as an example I have 2 dominoes one next to me and one further down, but I don't go there like I use to do this time last year and the simple reason is, petrol is up, bread is up, eggs is up, chicken is up, red meat is ridiculous up, basic stuff like toilet paper, cleaning appliances everything is up and average people just can't justify eating out in these conditions, I believe that plays a role in why Taste holdings is struggling currently well not struggling I mean why there share price is not too bright investors probably figure they will just buy more TAS once the economy recovered and average people can afford luxury food again.

Looks like TAS hit bottom at around 9:30.

Think it's on it's way up now but yea, just a guess.

TAS is a weird one I am comfortable buying little little every time it hits below 230 cents, but I won't like this to continue, but I think we will remain in these 210 - 250 levels for a few months then when our economy gets a bit better and people can afford to eat out again then TAS will be able to release a positive looking result hopefully and I believe if those factors fall in place that is what will start the slow bullish years to come for TAS, but it won't happen until average citizens's money becomes more again, since now everyone is turning around there hard earned money to afford basic goods which has sky rocketed tremendously.

I use myself as an example I have 2 dominoes one next to me and one further down, but I don't go there like I use to do this time last year and the simple reason is, petrol is up, bread is up, eggs is up, chicken is up, red meat is ridiculous up, basic stuff like toilet paper, cleaning appliances everything is up and average people just can't justify eating out in these conditions, I believe that plays a role in why Taste holdings is struggling currently well not struggling I mean why there share price is not too bright investors probably figure they will just buy more TAS once the economy recovered and average people can afford luxury food again.

Salient features & highlights

–   Core revenue up 41% to R1.01 billion (2015: R717.1 million)

–   System-wide sales up 9% to R1.72 billion (2015: R1.58 billion)

–   Same-store sales in Luxury Goods Division up 15%

–   Core EBITDA decreased to R47.2 million (2015: R73.1 million)

–   Core headline earnings per share decreased to 1.5 cents (2015: 16.1 cents)

–   Established 74 Domino’s Pizza stores in 16 months

–   Secured exclusive rights to develop Starbucks outlets in South Africa

–   Successfully integrated Arthur Kaplan and World’s Finest Watches

The group anticipates that the once-off and up-front costs relating to the Domino’s project will

continue to be excluded from core earnings until the conversion of Scooters Pizza and St Elmo’s

stores to Domino’s is complete and will not be material to the group for the year ending 28 February

2017. Starbucks costs will continue to be incurred in the next financial year and it is anticipated that

the exclusion from core earnings will not be material beyond the year ending 28 February 2017.

http://www.moneyweb.co.za/mny_sens/taste-holdings-limited-audited-summarised-consolidated-results-for-the-year-ended-29-february-2016-and-notice-of-annual-general-meeting/

I'll just leave those here...