Stock Watch Thread

Spreadsheet Ranger

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this in the Trusco sens announcement:

ten consecutive quarters of negative economic growth has just been reported by the Namibian Statistics
Agency. Technical analysts now classify this prolonged economic recession as a depression. This would
be the first depression in the post-independent economic era in Namibia. 

It would appear things are not going so well in our neighboring country.

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, SaurusDNA said:

Coincidentally, Standard Bank actually published a research report on Discovery yesterday (19 February 2019). They give DSY a current SELL recommendation based on a spot valuation of R116 and a 12-month target price of R132.

Ouch,

Yeah I'm down 9.21% on Discovery at the moment. Might be worth it to take the knock then and rather put it towards my Top50 in my TFSA

On the flip side, Sibanye has recovered quite nicely in the last 2 months, hope this trend keeps going.

• Like 1

Probably in anticipation of the launch of the bank and the possible fallout from Solidarity regarding the excluding of whites in their black only share scheme?

All I know is that I am very excited for their new bank next month. I think it is fair to assume most discovery medical aid (expensive) holders are banking with FNB/ABSA/Standard Bank and thus Discovery will shakeup the big banks whilst TymeBank and BankZero will shakeup Capitec and Nedbank.

All in all we should enjoy lower fees accross the system for banking, I hope.

I'm trying to figure out why the Motus (MTH) share price keeps dropping. Their "fair value" is considered to be around R95 per share, their fundamentals are good, a forward P/E of around 7 and an expected dividend yield of 4.2%. They are the sole importers of Hyundai, Kia, Renault, Mitsubishi with massive growth potential. They're currently only at R78 per share.

They started out very well but the last months has seen them lose almost 30% in just over a month.   ?

Well, they're at the support level now, so I'm seriously hoping they don't drop any further...

Any thoughts on their short to medium term future?

Edited by SaurusDNA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2019 at 9:25 AM, SaurusDNA said:

I'm trying to figure out why the Motus (MTH) share price keeps dropping. Their "fair value" is considered to be around R95 per share, their fundamentals are good, a forward P/E of around 7 and an expected dividend yield of 4.2%. They are the sole importers of Hyundai, Kia, Renault, Mitsubishi with massive growth potential. They're currently only at R78 per share.

They started out very well but the last months has seen them lose almost 30% in just over a month.   ?

Well, they're at the support level now, so I'm seriously hoping they don't drop any further...

Any thoughts on their short to medium term future?

this is the first time I heard about Motus, I should check them out. I own Barloworld shares (I bought them initially due to Avis, but I am not so sure how that industry is doing lately.) Our economy is probably hitting the rental industry?

Edited by Noobly

2 minutes ago, Noobly said:

To be honest, I never heard of them until now. I own AVI (Avis) since I think it was 2016, been okay-ish since then, but lately they are also diving. I assume the economy is affecting both negatively. 

They used to be part of the Imperial group, but then Imperial split, and Hyundai, Kia, Renault, Mitsubishi is now called Motus.

Edited by SaurusDNA

10 minutes ago, SaurusDNA said:

Hyundai, Kia, Renault, Mitsubishi is now called Motus.

I did not know that, maybe we need a thread for Motus. This stock looks interesting now as I think more and more people will have no option but to buy budget cars (like Hyundai, Kia) etc. Is this just renting out or are they the KIA and Hyundai guys in SA?

@SaurusDNA I read you guys' comments now about Motus, I like the idea I also think with the economy the way it is that more and more of these 'cheaper' brands will become the norm on SA roads. I was in Canal Walk last night and saw a brand new Hyundai i10 go for R2050 per month. I think most new university students who start working will be able to afford this.

I decided to buy R3k worth of shares in Motus, now we probably need a dedicated thread :P 

2019-03-19_14-12-18.png.4cb5d5987994fa1b3eec89c648e80106.png

Edited by Spreadsheet Ranger
  • Like 1