Stock Watch Thread

Spreadsheet Ranger

I like L4L, i just don't have them in my portfolio, very tempting at current levels. The share didn't react positively to the RAGE acquisition news , comments like "Joffe overpaid for Rage" came out of some market commentators mouths. Only time will tell whether he did or didn't.

• Like 1

I overpaid for some of my BTC in December...

Joffe will be fine, I think he probably don't mind paying a bit of a premium considering he wants to make a lot of deals fast and he knows some will take that into account and to close the deal these deals he is not in the driver seat so he needs to put a little more cash on the table, but at the end of the day the end goal is clear in L4L.

I hope they pick up growth over the next 3 years, SA's economy is in the bucket so if they dig down now and make it work in these troublesome times, imagine the upward possibility once the economy recovers and people are willing to spend more again.

So nobody buys Gold as a hedge for all these head winds (trade wars, rand schizophrenia, etc) in the markets?? You guys are buying Ab Inbev and British American Tobacco, Drinking and smoking the market pains away . Those 2 shares have been on the up and up.

I overpaid for some of my BTC in December...

Joffe will be fine, I think he probably don't mind paying a bit of a premium considering he wants to make a lot of deals fast and he knows some will take that into account and to close the deal these deals he is not in the driver seat so he needs to put a little more cash on the table, but at the end of the day the end goal is clear in L4L.

I hope they pick up growth over the next 3 years, SA's economy is in the bucket so if they dig down now and make it work in these troublesome times, imagine the upward possibility once the economy recovers and people are willing to spend more again.

He'll survive these turbulences, i understand what you're saying. This will be a great longterm play.

I hope you get your BTC money back , atleast break even.

So nobody buys Gold as a hedge for all these head winds (trade wars, rand schizophrenia,  etc) in the markets?? You guys are buying Ab Inbev and British American Tobacco, Drinking and smoking the market pains away . Those 2 shares have been on the up and up.

Ahahaha!

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

Lol!

So nobody buys Gold as a hedge for all these head winds (trade wars, rand schizophrenia, etc) in the markets?? You guys are buying Ab Inbev and British American Tobacco, Drinking and smoking the market pains away . Those 2 shares have been on the up and up.

I've changed my investments quite a bit since the beginning of the year because of the poor performance of the JSE - I've focused more on small cap since these seem to be less battered by news and market sentiment than large and mid-cap shares and more about fundamentals.

So my new investment portfolio has four small cap, two mid-cap and two Top-40 stocks at equal weights:

CLS Clicks

CPI Capitec

DCP Dis-Chem

DSY Discovery

ELI Ellies

L4L Long 4 Life

PPC PPC Cement

SRE Sirius

Still not doing great though. My ETFs are doing much better.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep a record of all CEOs, CFOs (management) whose companies go bust or they jump ship when the share price of their companies plunge. I do this to remind myself to NOT put any cent on whatever "good business " they running in the future.

APOLOGIES FOR POSTING ON A WRONG THREAD, THERE'S NO "RANTS" Thread yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...