Stock Watch Thread

Spreadsheet Ranger

I actually want to read this today - I received it in an E-mail, I assume we all did.

Hi

Recently EasyEquities’ holding company, Purple Group, announced its interim financial results. As you know I am incredibly proud of the growth we’ve seen over the last few years, and of all of you who have not only joined in our our journey but have created your own, towards financial empowerment, on our platform.

A lot of you have mentioned that you’re interested in a little more insight behind the numbers. That’s why I thought you might want to read this in depth look at Purple Group by financial anayst Mark Ingham. Ingham is well-known in local markets and has consulted with some major international companies such as Morgan Stanley and RK Equity as well. His client base includes institutional fund managers, stock brokers, private equity investors and listed corporations.

In this analysis, Ingham draws some similarities between Purple Group and companies like Tesla and notes that EasyEquities is increasingly the flagship growth brand.

I want to emphasize that what you think counts – more than you know! So I encourage you all to attend our next AGM (if last year’s is anything to go by, get ready for something different and no doubt fun). Come meet the Purplistas, ask questions and learn more about what it is we do here. 

Thanks,

Charles Savage

CEO, EasyEquities

-- Here is the link to Mark's post: https://goo.gl/wdJxmX

Great analysis by Mark, and i learnt a little bit more about Real People, they've been with the group (PPE) longer than me. All in all I'm just team Easy, and i want my team to win.

Ranger don't even mention that. But we'll get ours too, we'll play with the hand dealt.

On JSE:PPE what positive(s) did you pick up on the results? I loved that EasyEquities is growing and believe the investment in technology will payoff in the near future.

@SimonPB did a analysis of their results, does not sound good. https://justonelap.com/managing-multiple-trading-systems/

If memory serves, when EasyEquities launched Warren Ingram did a money show interview (podcast should still be available) where he went and had a look at EE.

I remember hearing something along the lines of EE having budgeted to foot the bill of some trading costs etc. for three years - three years in which they need to figure out how to become profitable.

We should be very close to the end of those three years so let's see what happens (a lot could've changed since then).

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

IQ Test

If memory serves, when EasyEquities launched Warren Ingram did a money show interview (podcast should still be available) where he went and had a look at EE.

I remember hearing something along the lines of EE having budgeted to foot the bill of some trading costs etc. for three years - three years in which they need to figure out how to become profitable.

We should be very close to the end of those three years so let's see what happens (a lot could've changed since then).

My biggest concern is that the industry will go to hell if EE fails, meaning they use it has justification to rise prices more. Pretty much echoing what Simon said, but I mean if we think about it EE is the closest we as South African have come to affordable investing if they are gone...

I really hope that ZARX takes off as he seems to be in favor of low fee investing.

@Groovy what's your take here?

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

So Sibanye has finally gone up a bit today. It is also currently trading 3,44% higher in the USA at the moment, so might see another increase tomorrow. Time to buy some more?

Anyone have any idea why PSG traded so low today?

Anyone put some money into Brian Joffe's new listing L4L? Up 3,2% today.

My biggest concern is that the industry will go to hell if EE fails, meaning they use it has justification to rise prices more. Pretty much echoing what Simon said, but I mean if we think about it EE is the closest we as South African have come to affordable investing if they are gone...

I really hope that ZARX takes off as he seems to be in favor of low fee investing.

@Groovy what's your take here?

Those expensive brokers are hoping for EE to fall so they can have a field day, raising charges, taking us a few years back, when the markets were not easily accessible for alot of people. EE opened the market doors for alot of people. I believe they'll pull through, team easy's that strong.

EE should already be in conversation with ZarX they are both market / status quo disruptors, I'm sure together with their technology they can change the game for the better.

I wish i could attend the company's AGM, i'd like to listen to the execs answer questions and lay down the orgs plans to get us back in the green, see if they have confidence in what they are saying or not, through their tone and body language.

Haven't looked at it for a couple of years.

latest SENS

for the six months ended

31 December 2016 is expected to be between 40 cents and 48 cents, being -190.1% and -208.1%

lower compared to earnings per share of 44.44 cents for the six months ended 31 December 2015.

Normally a decent dividend payer - but hasn't really grow earnings for a few years.

if you want them, looks like a good time to get in - looks like it's on support, but would probably have to part of your long term portfolio. For me, I think there are more exciting shares out there.

That is what I was thinking, looked like it might have been a good point to enter if I wanted to flip it. But as those sens pointed out that flipping might not happen very soon and over the longer period there's probably better stocks out there currently.

I have some in my LTP.

Bit pricey p/e wise for a financial company at the moment - 23. At a guess, 15 or lower would be about average in the financial sector. Also not much of a track record to gauge where they are going - of course DB thing is interesting and they do talk the talk. I guess it's a unenthusiastic hold for me.

Anyone look at MMG?

Pretty much a services group - with some very nice niche services. nice divided, has had great growth and on a P/E under 8.

Have some in my LTP as well as some for a swing trade - I am hoping for a positive (maybe even very) TA in the next 2 weeks. If so, might kick it out it's current trading range.

At least have a few greens today. Naspers doing good, but as usual Bitcoin is fantastic. Think I should get rid of all these things going up and down by 0,5% and stick it in Bitcoin and Ether as well. :-)

tell me about it.

I just cannot get my head around using graphics cards to solve problems and that makes cash. Hey, I am not really a fan of cash ether. 

I do, for the most part, understand stocks. So will stick with that and let this train pass me by.

tell me about it.

I just cannot get my head around using graphics cards to solve problems and that makes cash. Hey, I am not really a fan of cash ether. 

I do, for the most part, understand stocks. So will stick with that and let this train pass me by.

Lemme explain what you should do. Buy the bitcoins while the guys are still mining and wait for the hype to die down...and SELL!

I just don't see how these cryptocurrencies are sustainable over the long term but we'll ride it out and see where it goes with my finger on the fire sale button just in case.

IQ Test

Lemme explain what you should do. Buy the bitcoins while the guys are still mining and wait for the hype to die down...and SELL!

I just don't see how these cryptocurrencies are sustainable over the long term but we'll ride it out and see where it goes with my finger on the fire sale button just in case.

When bitcoin hits $6 548 399 per bitcoin then we will come back to this post

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

When bitcoin hits $6 548 399 per bitcoin then we will come back to this post

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

At that point I'll sell mine

The "hype" could last quite a while/years still. But you yourself are advocating Ether instead of Bitcoins. Won't be long before the "next big one" becomes the talk of the town.

IQ Test

Would like to get the technical guys input here on Sibanye. Below is how I see it. It broke through the triangle and came down twice to test the new support line and failed and is subsequently heading higher. Am I just talking crap, or will we finally see some profits come back? :-O

604132809_ScreenShot2017-05-11at10_29_09.thumb.png.e08bafe79939097f10a4ebe81e63a89d.png