Stock Watch Thread

Spreadsheet Ranger

Ahhh man sweet. I cannot wait to sell it at 7000.

I wonder how long it would take for the rand to recover from yesterday's saga

So the question becomes - do you sell today just in case it drops significantly when everybody calmed down and miss out on the dividends (last day to trade is today). Can always push that money into PTXTEN but that might drop as well.

Decisions decisions...

IQ Test

Dammit I've been watching Stor-age SSS for some time was hoping for Axl to rocket up sooner as I was planning to buy some.

@Groovy what stocks are you looking at lately?

@Spreadsheet Ranger it's Tawana and Wesizwe. They've been good to me this year. Small companies making big moves on the charts. Oh, and AXL ofcourse.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what exactly ASTORIA is about? Whether the rand is weak or strong against the major world currencies this share does nothing. I'm starting to think it's a North Korean Won hedge.

Hahaha, I vaguely think @Dancshares would know.

Last thing I remember was a article about them basically sitting on a lump of cash that they want to invest, but haven't yet, something in those lines. Why the share price just goes down down down I am not sure.

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

Does anyone know what exactly ASTORIA is about? Whether the rand is weak or strong against the major world currencies this share does nothing. I'm starting to think it's a North Korean Won hedge.

It's basically Peter Armitage from Anchor Capital's take on how not to run an investment firm.

They've been stupidly conservative with their investments because of uncertainty in the market (in layman's terms: they're trying to time the market).

Their biggest setback was when they tried to pay their directors incentives in shares which would effectively dilute the amount of shares investors owned. I reckon this was the nail in the coffin for them - how can you trust your money with an investment firm that doesn't care about their investors.

IQ Test

It's basically Peter Armitage from Anchor Capital's take on how not to run an investment firm.

They've been stupidly conservative with their investments because of uncertainty in the market (in layman's terms: they're trying to time the market).

Their biggest setback was when they tried to pay their directors incentives in shares which would effectively dilute the amount of shares investors owned. I reckon this was the nail in the coffin for them - how can you trust your money with an investment firm that doesn't care about their investors.

@Hamster it really messed up their credibility and it rubbed off on Anchor .

@Hamster it really messed up their credibility and it rubbed off on Anchor .

Yeah, I'm not really petty about these things but somehow I cringe when I hear Armitage is involved, unfairly so maybe, but it does show you the power of perception.

And if ARA starts showing 20% pa growth I'm there like a bear :D

IQ Test

Yeah, I'm not really petty about these things but somehow I cringe when I hear Armitage is involved, unfairly so maybe, but it does show you the power of perception.

And if ARA starts showing 20% pa growth I'm there like a bear :D

i hear you Hamster :D , it's really hard to regain trust once you lose it. Armitage is a red flag now? :D