Stock Watch Thread

Spreadsheet Ranger

@groovy I just saw a tweet about AVI so I looked them up. My gosh man, we should have bought some assuming you haven't already?

Look at this, this is the I&J breakdown, I had no idea it is this big, surely giving Sea Harvest a go.

@Spreadsheet Ranger I don't own any AVI shares, i've never looked at them at all. How did we miss this though, i&j all up in our faces wherever we go, i didn't know they were really this big, this is "YUUGE".

I'll pass on sea harvest, i read their SENS yesterday, and lost my appetite, i don't want their fish.

haha, i see you Ranger!!! I hope it's positive for us, we believe in the Phoenix, come on!!! Break that 70c resistance .

Urgh, now she retreats back again just cannot seem to break that 70 cents barrier

This is a cool page even for non registered users of IG - https://www.ig.com/za/ig-shares/african-bank-investments-ltd-ABL-ZA

2017-03-08_12-27-23.thumb.jpg.31db08bac3435c2f59eeceb8e014f9d8.jpg

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

Urgh, now she retreats back again just cannot seem to break that 70 cents barrier

This is a cool page even for non registered users of IG - https://www.ig.com/za/ig-shares/african-bank-investments-ltd-ABL-ZA

It's so cool, i've just checked it out. IG is a veteran in this, the info + layout is just clear, i love it. Thanks for the heads up Ranger.

I've never used IG - where on the site do you get this info?? 

Do I need to register first??

I clicked on the link but only got this page: 

794162839_IGAXLsite.thumb.JPG.d292249a4171111b0f9780b6638575f3.JPG

I've never used IG - where on the site do you get this info?? 

Do I need to register first??

I clicked on the link but only got this page: 

Oh sorry I read my post see I forgot to add the second link.

So IG has a hell of a lot more I'll try to get a screenshot now now.

The image I posted was a free compromise from za.investing.com

Just Google AXLJ or add J at the end of any jse stock code and investing.com should be the first link.

Then click fundamentals or the other tabs for respective contents.

Got it! Thanks!

It looks a bit different today, one place says SELL, and right under it it says STRONG BUY. 

Conflicting and confusing me:

I'm a actually also confused by what those means exactly, especially wtf if they say sell. I sell and then they say hold.

Defuq am I suppose to hold? I just sold it remember.

Perhaps @SimonPB can shed some light on how buy hold sell indicators should be interpreted.

I'm a actually also confused by what those means exactly, especially wtf if they say sell. I sell and then they say hold.

Defuq am I suppose to hold? I just sold it remember.

Perhaps @SimonPB can shed some light on how buy hold sell indicators should be interpreted.

As I read it, it's a case between Moving Averages (as in, analysing the daily ups & downs in a chart and smoothing the data to form a trend following indicator), and Technical Indicators (as in trying to predict the future price levels by looking at past patterns, volumes etc)

But it still gives conflicting indications. But normally, after I buy something based on anything, the price always starts to drop... I'll go buy a few shares on EE, let's see if AXL falls today  :P

But normally, after I buy something based on anything, the price always starts to drop... I'll go buy a few shares on EE, let's see if AXL falls today  :P

Stop it! Stahp. Leave AXL alone.

Kidding. I think looking slightly longer (compared to ranger's rich by friday short term), buying AXL under 80 cents still provides significant potensial in the next 12 - 18 months. How much I do not know, but R1.30 - R1.80 does not feel impossible to me.

Everyone here yelling go AXL go, and here i am staring at the bottomless pit that is my DRD share profile.... FML, if i ever get out of this, a bottle of the finest Moët wouldn't be enough.

When this forum started I decided to buy a few ETFs to use as examples, well... Still mostly red.

2017-03-09_13-45-42.jpg.cbcfe4d00401a6ebb0daf5684fd54724.jpg

Just Google AXLJ or add J at the end of any jse stock code and investing.com should be the first link. 

I just did this for STXIND, and for some others that are in my TFSA (I know this isn't the TFSA thread...), since I added to it yesterday. 

And now it, and everyone's favourite TFSA pick, NFEMOM, is showing "Strong Sell"... Not what I was expecting (hoping for)...

Urg, such low volumes on AXL again. 

EDIT: Okey I am sorry seems AXL just got a volume injection sitting at over 500K

How do you check die volumes? Is it the chart underneath the google finance one? Also how does it work, is it showing shares sold/bought/available?