Stock Watch Thread

Spreadsheet Ranger

I tweeted Keith McLachlan to ask about that PE ratio for you @Groovy but unfortunately he like that klark guy doesn't do the reply thing. So lets hope @SimonPB scrolls through this thread I am sure he will be able to assist.

@Spreadsheet Ranger they rarely respond,but it's

all love, thank you. @SimonPB this thread is for you too, can you assist us ;-)

@Groovy there you go :)

I think I am going to buy some as well

@Spreadsheet Ranger I'm getting some too, I like the fish sector, not the government hurdles

I tweeted Keith McLachlan to ask about that PE ratio for you @Groovy but unfortunately he like that klark guy doesn't do the reply thing. So lets hope @SimonPB scrolls through this thread I am sure he will be able to assist.

@Spreadsheet Ranger I'm getting some too, I like the fish sector, not the government hurdles

I like suhsi :P so all good.

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

I like suhsi :P so all good.

@Spreadsheet Ranger I hear You lol

What do you guys think of Aspen Pharmacare [JSE:APN] as an investment??

I signed up for the newsletter on Afrifocus.co.za (mentioned by a member here, RayyaanS... I think he said he works there as an advisor or something)

They sent me an email yesterday, simply titled: "Investment idea: BUY ASPEN (JSE:APN)" with a short factsheet (attached). Today Aspen fell by 4.3%... 

Maybe just me being paranoid, but that's weird. Wonder how many of their customers followed their advice?

ASPEN Investment2.pdf

What do you guys think of Aspen Pharmacare [JSE:APN] as an investment??

I signed up for the newsletter on Afrifocus.co.za (mentioned by a member here, RayyaanS... I think he said he works there as an advisor or something)

They sent me an email yesterday, simply titled: "Investment idea: BUY ASPEN (JSE:APN)" with a short factsheet (attached). Today Aspen fell by 4.3%... 

Maybe just me being paranoid, but that's weird. Wonder how many of their customers followed their advice?

Aspen was low beginning of the year i think their advise is 2 months to late, but I would still but them at below 29000. December is when you should have bought imo.

Interesting Aspen is one of the stock picks for 2017 - https://www.platinumwealth.co.za/forum/Thread-JSE-Stocks-picks-for-2017

We’re giving you first dibs!

You might have heard about a company called Premier Food & Fishing Limited, which will be listing on the JSE on 2 March 2017.

For those of you who are keen on getting first dibs on investing in the company, they have offered EasyEquities the opportunity to participate in a Private Placement. This means you’ll be able to put in a request to be the first to buy the new shares before they are available on the market.

Need to knows:

• If all the requests from our users collectively amount to R1 million or more we’ll send this through to Premier Food & Fishing and they’ll allow us to execute those requests. If we don't make it to R1 million, we'll unfortunately all lose out and the amount you put forward will go back into your available funds.

• The placement price is set at R4.50 per share. To give you an idea, this would mean that if you put forward an offer of R450 and we make the R1 million requirement (holding thumbs team!) you'd potentially get 100 Premier Food & Fishing shares when they list.

• BUT Premier Food & Fishing has a limited amount of shares available for the private placement. This limit applies for all the offers they get over and above ours. So even though the price per share is set, the amount of shares you'll be able to get isn't. For example, they might come back to us and say that they are only able to issue half of the amount we’ve requested, which would mean that if you put forward R450 you’d only end up with R225 worth of shares and the difference would go back into your available funds. They'll be announcing the outcome in a SENS announcement on 24 February, which you'll be able to find here.

• Did we mention you pay no brokerage fees on this investment? Yep. How cool is that?

This offer is only available in your normal EasyEquities account (not TFSA) and closes at 5pm on Monday, 20 February 2017, so if you want first dibs - get in there! Let's get Team Easy over the R1 million mark...

Murray and Roberts skyrocketed today, does anyone know what's going on? should we expect a SENS from them soon?

No idea.

I saw this sens yesterday

http://www.sharenet.co.za/v3/sens_display.php?tdate=20170215110000&seq=20

hmmm , So the market reacted late to that sens. I don't know what to believe these days, lately insider trading has been rampant in the JSE, The JSE group needs to do better in catching these culprits

Murray and Roberts skyrocketed today, does anyone know what's going on? should we expect a SENS from them soon?

No idea.

I saw this sens yesterday

http://www.sharenet.co.za/v3/sens_display.php?tdate=20170215110000&seq=20

hmmm , So the market reacted late to that sens. I don't know what to believe these days, lately insider trading has been rampant in the JSE, The JSE group needs to do better in catching these culprits

Yea insider trading was my first thought as well but them again we might just be out of the loop.

Any more news about Pembury Group Limited, when the listing will take place in February? Will there be an IPO? Something?

I have not heard anything through the grapevine yet, but will keep an ear out. 

@Groovy With Kaap Agri listing now I see Zeeder's price is already up, I wonder in this case if it would be wise to go to Zeeder or directly to Kaap Agri?

I think Kaap Agri is around R3bn market cap so definitively not a small company by any means imagine now when they list.

Then this Murray & Roberts thing is bothering me, because if there is a sens announcement which there will be I am sure of it, then the JSE will just play it off like nothing dodgy has happened.

2017-02-17_8-30-00.jpg.e62d3852ebf7e43f7acdd9618ee2e058.jpg

There is no reason for that jump to have happened unless someone knew something the public does not.

C4zzeNKWIAQMNEs.jpg.9572e4cbb572ccb6041eb7e3ec87e41b.jpg

[align=justify]We are expecting a half year earnings release from Billiton on the 21st of this month. 2016’s full year results were dismal; with the group reporting a first time attributable loss, cutting the dividend by 77%. The Samarco dam disaster was a blemish on the income statement, resulting in a $2.2bn after tax loss. Given the groups exposure to a range of commodities, in particular that of petroleum, iron ore and copper (collectively contributing over 60% of the groups revenue) with the subsequent weakness these products experienced up until a rebound in their prices through the second half of last year, we could see an improved set of half year results.

Despite the poor full year results for 2016 the share price still managed to climb over 68% from the eight year lows last seen in November of 2008. Currently the share price looks to be consolidating with the recent pullback coming on the back of lower volume. The oscillator denotes a move out of oversold territory and back into a neutral area, denoting a pick up in momentum. The price action is line with what technicians would consider a bullish flag formation with a bias to the upside after an extended upward trend. Aggressive buyers will be looking to get in closer to around the horizontal support at 22300c with a potential stop loss just below 21558c. A confirmation of the bullish move would be considered with a close of the share price above the diagonal resistance line at 23170c. The upside targets for the breakout would be considered at 24400c and 25500c in extension.[/align]

1492060189_BIL17022017.png.ccaa35cfab3c4540322ee81aa9be208a.png

• Like 1

Very tempting Leigh, very tempting indeed.

Meanwhile I see Murray and Roberts released a market update to discuss yesterday.....

MARKET ACTIVITY IN MURRAY & ROBERTS ORDINARY SHARES

The Company notes the unusually high trading volumes in Murray & Roberts ordinary shares traded on the securities exchange operated by JSE Limited (“JSE”) during the course of yesterday, 16 February 2017. According to market data, approximately 96 million Murray & Roberts shares traded, equivalent to approximately 22% of the Company’s total issued ordinary share capital and the volume weighted average price of Murray & Roberts’ shares traded yesterday was R14.91, with a high price of R15.00. The Company notes that these trades were executed at prices well above both the volume weighted average prices of Murray & Roberts shares over the 30-day and 60-day periods

to 15 February 2017 of R11.19 and R11.38 respectively which were sourced from market data.

The Company is not currently aware of anything that could have led to this unusual market activity. The identities and/or intentions of the acquirer(s) of Murray & Roberts’ shares are not known to the Company and will not be known unless the acquirer either approaches the Company directly or is required to notify the Company in terms of section 122 of the Companies Act, 71 of 2008 (“Companies Act”). The Company has not yet been notified by any sellers of Murray & Roberts’ shares who may be required to do so in terms of section 122 of the Companies Act.

Any more news about Pembury Group Limited, when the listing will take place in February? Will there be an IPO? Something?

I have not heard anything through the grapevine yet, but will keep an ear out. 

@Groovy With Kaap Agri listing now I see Zeeder's price is already up, I wonder in this case if it would be wise to go to Zeeder or directly to Kaap Agri?

I think Kaap Agri is around R3bn market cap so definitively not a small company by any means imagine now when they list.

Then this Murray & Roberts thing is bothering me, because if there is a sens announcement which there will be I am sure of it, then the JSE will just play it off like nothing dodgy has happened.

There is no reason for that jump to have happened unless someone knew something the public does not.

@Spreadsheet Ranger R3bn market cap they won't come cheap, what took them so long to get on the main board or why list now after being an O.T.C share for so long

As for Murray and Roberts, only time will tell because we all know the JSE won't.