Stock Watch Thread

Spreadsheet Ranger

That is exactly my problem currently, I've invested everything I have with almost nothing in the green, so selling to buy more of something else is not an option at this point in time.

The waiting game, she is a bitch.

I am feeling you, I sold some Rolfes to buy AXL with the hope of profiting quickly on AXL to buy more TAS.

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

I'm not sure why EE calls a share that has traded 33.5 million shares in 4 hours not liquid?

Did not even see your in here!

Hello

Yea I wonder how they work behind the scenes, do they buy shares upfront or something?

Hi :)

yes, why would they treat this share differently? Why would they try and 'nanny' their customers, especially when it does not look like their reason is valid?

WEIRD!?

Maybe @jonobruton can shed some light on how this works?

Hi,

Chatted to our risk guys at EasyEquities -

Here is their response:

1.      With AXL we have been increasing the liquidity in line with our normal new listing method.

2.      Our offered liquidity has already doubled.

3.      33 million shares is still less than ZAR 15million, which is low liquidity by market standards (Naspers trades that every 2 minutes). This is a relisting of a share that went off the board don’t forget.

4.      When statistically valid information is available the limits will adjust.  

5.      Clients must remember that tens of thousands of clients are potentially trading at any moment…

Hope this clears things up :)

This user is not a Registered Investment Advisor, Broker/Dealer, Financial Analyst, Financial Bank, Securities Broker or Financial Planner. The Information on the Site is provided for information purposes only.

Two of Buckley’s largest positions are South Africa focused Finbond Group and Tastes Holdings. Taste Holdings has recently secured the rights to operate under Domino’s and Starbucks brands for the next 30 and 25 years, respectively within South Africa. The market is completely ignoring this fact. According to Buckley’s analysis, the group, which also owns a jewelry business and some other food businesses, will generate R105 million of EBITDA in the next financial year. Applying a multiple of nine times next year’s EBITDA gives a market value of R945 million.

Taste’s current enterprise value is R960 million. The market is completely ignoring all of the group’s other businesses. Assuming the other businesses to attract a similar multiple to those already listed, Taste’s shares could be worth 178% more than the R1.80 paid. Before acquiring Dominoes and Starbucks, the group compounded earnings at 23% annualized for eight years.

Don't get me wrong, I love TAS, but every time I read an article about them it sounds extremely positive and yet they rarely get anywhere.

Starting to wonder if their articles aren't written by people that have a vested interest in the company itself.

That being said, think I'll climb onboard the TAS train come Monday :)

I have the same sentiment regarding TAS, so much positive articles and news, yet clearly the market sees something else. They must probably have an incredible PR department :P

/Sends Outlook and incredible amount Nigerian spam messages about ponzi schemes and MMM specials.

Haha, but no I do agree with you guys there is a total disconnect between what the market thinks and what the many articles try to portray, but to I still feel Sarbucks and Dominoes and the Jewelry business is worth more than R1.80 a share I still think the market behaved incredibly pessimistic and in doubt.

Hopefully their next sens update will tell a different story and boost confidence in Taste Holdings.

I do not think R5 - R8 per share is unrealistic if they get this Starbucks deal right.

Hello world, I'm happy to be official on here finally , great site. Quick question : i'd like to get anybody's opinion on Premier Fishing 's upcoming listing, is it wise to hold both AEE the parent company and the new listing premier fishing. I personally would like to hold both.

Do you know how much they own in Premier Fishing?

My logic would be that if Premier Fishing does very good then you will get a better return being a direct shareholder of Premier fishing than a proxy shareholder in African Equity Empowerment Investments Ltd

Same reason why I own Capitec and Curro directly instead of owning PSG.

That is just my take, would be interesting to hear what other's views are on this.

/Welcome to the Forum @Groovy

Thanks @outlook. I may be wrong but I believe AEEI/Sekunjalo Group Company owns 100% of Premier Fishing. I couldn't agree with you more, direct exposure is key.

Hey @Groovy

I was listening to this Podcast from @SimonPB and it seems Premier Fishing will be separating its ties with AEEI so you will need to invest in Premier Fishing directly.

Perhaps Simon can just confirm whether or not I understand this correctly?

Hello world, I'm happy to be official on here finally , great site. Quick question : i'd like to get anybody's opinion on Premier Fishing 's upcoming listing, is it wise to hold both AEE the parent company and the new listing premier fishing. I personally would like to hold both.

My logic would be that if Premier Fishing does very good then you will get a better return being a direct shareholder of Premier fishing than a proxy shareholder in African Equity Empowerment Investments Ltd

That is just my take, would be interesting to hear what other's views are on this.

Thanks @outlook. I may be wrong but I believe AEEI/Sekunjalo Group Company owns 100% of Premier Fishing. I couldn't agree with you more, direct exposure is key.

Hey @Groovy

I was listening to this Podcast from @SimonPB and it seems Premier Fishing will be separating its ties with AEEI so you will need to invest in Premier Fishing directly.

Thank you @Spreadsheet Ranger, I'll get that direct exposure and grow with it.

Hey @Groovy

Thank you @Spreadsheet Ranger, I'll get that direct exposure and grow with it.

Well on the plus side we went pass the 6700 barrier now lets hope it will continue.

JpiQ0nf.png

I wish we could somehow get google to either drop the "xxx.00" or divide the prices they get from the JSE by 100 - It's fnucking annoying and stuffs up how the android app works that I use to track my portfolio, apart from all other countries working correctly, just the JSE cr@p is not in ZAR but in ZAC

Clipboard01.jpg.aa9a60f949c23d4c9e2bfd71891edb36.jpg

That is utterly annoying I agree! Side note what android app do you use?

I started using investing.com's app and wow, I am blown away. The ads are damn annoying, but the features and pricing of the app makes up for it. There is also live pricing on there, no idea how they do that and if it is JSE live pricing.

That is utterly annoying I agree! Side note what android app do you use?

I started using investing.com's app and wow, I am blown away. The ads are damn annoying, but the features and pricing of the app makes up for it. There is also live pricing on there, no idea how they do that and if it is JSE live pricing.

I use two, because I have not found a single app that can show me my whole portfolios daily move AND has low and high alarms for share prices

1) My stocks portfolio app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.peeksoft.stocks&hl=en

It shows my portfolio value and changes during the day nicely

2) Stocks - Realtime Stock Quotes app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dayup.stocks&hl=en

It has alarms and displays the individual share prices and changes nicely, but for some reason does not show the value of my total portfolio

They are both free and supported by adverts, which are not annoying - I think they can both be purchased as well for advert free use