Stock Watch Thread

Spreadsheet Ranger

True. I am saving up now. I am still very undecided between JSE:NEP and JSE:ROC deep inside I feel ROC will be the better choice since it's global and NEP is just malls.

Then at the same time whilst I am dumping equal amounts into the above I am now faced with Taste Holdings, Do I increase my exposure by withholding money from NEP and ROC and lump sum them into taste?

I can't imagine Taste holdings dying not with everything they have going on now, but I am not sure will the upturn take 2 years, 3,4,6 years? Do I want to be tied down for that long with significant exposure to them I don't know anymore and also I honestly thought 240 cents will be the bottom out for this company and now I am just totally lost as I did not see them dropping 43% in 12 months. Which creates a real conflicting feeling me; on the one side I think, damn lets get the hell out of this it's a free fall the company is done red lights everywhere and on the other side of me I see a Company with good management, good plans and proper expansion trading at a 43% discount...

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

The is unfortunately the biggest downside of Taste, the fact that you need to invest in them for the long term. I've put in a smallish amount for now as I'm not prepared to wait forever to get a good return on my investment. I'll rather play the trading game with other stocks and let my money work for me rather than having it sit stagnant and do little over long periods of time.

They will start climbing eventually, then and only then will I up my stake in them considerably.

True. I am saving up now. I am still very undecided between JSE:NEP and JSE:ROC deep inside I feel ROC will be the better choice since it's global and NEP is just malls.

Then at the same time whilst I am dumping equal amounts into the above I am now faced with Taste Holdings, Do I increase my exposure by withholding money from NEP and ROC and lump sum them into taste?

I can't imagine Taste holdings dying not with everything they have going on now, but I am not sure will the upturn take 2 years, 3,4,6 years? Do I want to be tied down for that long with significant exposure to them I don't know anymore and also I honestly thought 240 cents will be the bottom out for this company and now I am just totally lost as I did not see them dropping 43% in 12 months. Which creates a real conflicting feeling me; on the one side I think, damn lets get the hell out of this it's a free fall the company is done red lights everywhere and on the other side of me I see a Company with good management, good plans and proper expansion trading at a 43% discount...

Ever considered PTXTEN?

IQ Test

Hey guys

Whats the best way to go about investing in stocks and such. Currently investing money into EFT's but getting bad returns and want to look else where.

Hard to make a real mistake with ETFs unless you buy into niche ETFs...or resources

Personally, apart from NEP I only use ETFs.

If you had the following:

DBXWD 35%

CTOP50 50%

PTXTEN 15%

...you would have a very diverse portfolio which is very protected from one share getting too high a weighting (think Naspers and SAB which make up 40% if STXIND alone).

You have to remember that this is a long term game. Make a loss over a year means nothing in the long run.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ever considered PTXTEN?

I did. I did, I'm still. I think I just didn't get it since I don't fathom the property market yet, not sure what to look for etc. However I think I want to push my portfolio to be 45% property ie 15% ROC, 15% NEP and 15% PTXTEN

Am I silly? Or can that work?

On a side note, I never new you can buy the actual JSE:JSE -> How does that work, what is their business model how do I justify this stock since I am concidering it...

I did. I did, I'm still. I think I just didn't get it since I don't fathom the property market yet, not sure what to look for etc. However I think I want to push my portfolio to be 45% property ie 15% ROC, 15% NEP and 15% PTXTEN

I think 45% property is way too much and would push it to more than 15% at our age.

With that said, some reckon it is a good start to just go full R30k PTXTEN in your TFIA because of the dividend tax you'll save in the long run (which you'll need to reinvest for growth). I went DIVTRX for similar reasons but only R20k.

IQ Test

I think 45% property is way too much and would push it to more than 15% at our age.

With that said, some reckon it is a good start to just go full R30k PTXTEN in your TFIA because of the dividend tax you'll save in the long run (which you'll need to reinvest for growth). I went DIVTRX for similar reasons but only R20k.

Very interesting, so more in the area of 5% ROC, 5% NEP and 5% PTXTEN? I like ROC for that "global" part, incase there is a property crash in one country like SA then I assume ROC can offset it with their "global" footprint. -> http://www.rockcastleglobalre.mu/ There "about" sections and everything looks very... "Stable 'guaranteed' Growth" like.

As for TAX Free Savings Account. I need to focus on that thing this year. I started late, that is a blatant lie, I haven'tent started yet. Everytime I want to I end up flocking to single shares like a amatuer.

That will be a big focus for me to get the TFSA up and going this year.

PTXTEN already contains NEP and ROC (10% each) so why bother buying them at all?

Sent from my LG-V490 using Tapatalk

Holy smokes! I did not know that! (Granted I never looked)

Omg! Life changed forever!

Both my ROC and NEP is in the green so I will sell them tomorrow and lumpsum it into PTXTEN! 

I wish one could transfer funds internally from your main account into the TFSA on EasyEquities that would have been amazing.

This has been my worst day since I started 6 years ago. This year actually feels like a 2008/9 redo or hint to a looming 2008/9 repeat.

Odd, I haven't lost anything today, which is usually what happens most days  :sleepy:

This is just my one portfolio my smaller one (R15K in total), but percentage wise it's been a mess.

JSE : PSG

JSE : ROC

JSE : NEP

JSE : TAS

And the shocker -> JSE:RAR ( luckily only have 1000 rond in there )

I hope tomorrow is a little better. Atleast just those two property ones I own then I can sell them for profit and buy PTXTEN.

Then next month I want to start building my TFSA I need to work hard and watch my spending habits to try and MAX that limit in the remaining 6 Months left of this year.

Just a little remember that the tfsa limit of R30k is per financial year aka March to Feb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

“Ignorance is of a peculiar nature: once dispelled, it is impossible to re-establish it. It is not originally a thing of itself, but is only the absence of knowledge; and though man may be kept ignorant, he cannot be made ignorant.”-Thomas Paine, The Rights Of Man