Stock Watch Thread

Spreadsheet Ranger

Aren't SA mining stocks risky to invest in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Definitely.

Wish I took that risk December 18 2015 I reshuffled my portfolio made a choice between KIO and NFEMON. I bought NFEMON

I am up 16%

KIO is up nearly 590% I feel like kicking myself.

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

Read this:

The ordinary shares of African Phoenix (previously Abil) had surged to 54 cents in morning trade on the JSE on Wednesday following the resumption of trade under the new name, while the preference shares were changing hands at R36 per share. The ordinary shares have a net asset value of 36 cents according to results for the year ending September 2016, and were suspended in August 2014 at a price of 31 cents per share. 

The preference and ordinary shareholders of Abil at the time the shares were suspended in August 2014 have been converted to ordinary shareholders (JSE share code: AXL) and preference shareholders (JSE share code: AXLP) of African Phoenix at a ratio of 1:1, so there is no dilution.

What exactly does this mean?

You have reached the maximum amount that you can invest in this equity online. This limit is put in place to protect you from having too much exposure in equities that may be more difficult to sell (illiquid) in comparison to those that are easily traded (liquid). However should you want to invest further in this equity please contact our Trading Desk on +27 (0)87 940 6102 between 09:05am - 16:40pm Monday to Friday (business days) for assistance.

Come on!

I'm not sure why EE calls a share that has traded 33.5 million shares in 4 hours not liquid?

Future liquidity? It has no track record and a lot of the buyers right now is looking to sell when it reaches a certain value. Sell to whom though? Others trying the same thing?

IQ Test

Seems like #AXL is now working on EasyEquities, what price are you guys looking at?

I see it is currently 49 cents

Did you buy after posting this?

Just wondering, because I considered doing the same when I saw this post, but then I got busy with work, now its currently at 41 cents. I don't often get lucky like this...