Stock Watch Thread

Spreadsheet Ranger

I do not really like that Anthony Clark guy, but this is slightly worrisome.

Since Taste Holdings CE Carlo Gonzaga opened his first Scooters pizza store 16 years ago he has always thought big.

But there is market concern that in taking on Domino’s Pizza and Starbucks, two global heavyweight brands, in one shot he has bitten off more than he can chew. The market has left no doubt about this concern, wiping almost two-thirds off Taste’s share price since July 2015.

Living up to sombre expectations, in the six months to August, Taste dished up a headline loss of R33.7m (9c/share), R4m up on a R29.7m loss a year earlier

Read all about why investors are turning sour on Taste http://www.financialmail.co.za/moneyinvesting/2016/10/28/investors-turn-sour-on-taste

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

Rockcastle Global Real Estate has concluded a preliminary agreement to acquire Galeria Warminska shopping centre in Olsztyn, Poland. The purchase price, which will be paid in cash, is €150 million (R2.25 billion) which represents an acquisition yield of 6.0%.

Source - Email

It's an ETF so won't (easily) do a Capitec

It's got offshore exposure and the Rand is strengthening... imagine what'll happen if that d**s finally resigns

Plus credit rating in December (I think)

Like I said I'd rather wait and see if it will be allowed in my TFSA and move my STXIND to it (re-adjust some stuff). But, if I was to maybe buy earlier I'd wait until just before the credit downgrade and check what the Rand does.

IQ Test

So, when Brexit happened the markets went crazy and all the investors ran to gold, as a "safe haven" investment.

What are the chances of this happening again tomorrow when the USA votes for their next president??

Could it be worthwhile buying some gold ETFs?

EDIT: LOL, Nevermind. Gold dropped this morning:

gold.JPG.db872300ed969830f177a0bf06533f67.JPG

Apparently the bookies in the USA (where in some states you can place bets on who will win) are placing the odds firmly on Hillary to win:

http://www.fin24.com/Markets/International-Markets/uselections2016-guide-to-how-the-markets-will-react-20161107

The rebel inside of me hopes for a Trump win just to see wtf would happen.

So, when Brexit happened the markets went crazy and all the investors ran to gold, as a "safe haven" investment.

What are the chances of this happening again tomorrow when the USA votes for their next president??

Could it be worthwhile buying some gold ETFs?

EDIT: LOL, Nevermind. Gold dropped this morning:

Fokk!!! I fckn new I should have done it!

gold2.JPG.8f300ddf5586d49e657b1244fef16b0c.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shoprite and Steinhoff are combining their Africa operations into one entity. Mmmh it was expected since Christo hinted that Shoprite and Steinhoff make perfect marriage.

One super entity!

In other news Bill is out

http://66.8.16.130/SENS_20161214_S379806.pdf