Stock Watch Thread

Spreadsheet Ranger

over a one year line:

NFGOVI does not a resource ETF make  :s  :P

You should be comparing STXRES and GIVRES, no?

I was comparing those two because it was mentioned as such:

Never realized the massive difference between New Funds Govi Resi and Satrix Resi ! One is a brilliant investment the other one is a utter failure.

anyway, easy enough to do, here you go:

The comparison looks great if you were lucky enough to buy a year ago, not so much if you got in only a month ago...

80322494_nfgovistxresigivres.JPG.14933881c3783e6661b5e535194a9309.JPG

1085274292_nfgovistxresigivres1MNTH.JPG.9dadbd37e27abcdbc317523157cd15a3.JPG

I like it, I have first purchased it in 2013 and it has been solid ever since definitely a longer hold for me I am not planning on selling it.

They reshuffle the fund according to a set of criteria they have with the idea that the fund will reap the rewards of short term "momentum" in the market essentially in my opinion a actively managed passive fund. I cannot fault it thus far and with the current dip I would say it makes for a nice entry "psychologically" since 5 years from now this drop will not even register, but the things we tell ourselves getting in 5 cents to late is a deal breaker ;)

Conclusion: The fund aims to capture the returns from short-term momentum in South Africa’s largest stocks and it reshuffles it's holdings quarterly.

I see Assore Ltd has upped it's dividend to 500c per share bringing total dividend for the year to 700c.

Has naspers ever declared dividends since 2015 till now? If so, what was previous dividend per share?

Am I reading this correctly? 

2016-09-07_19-56-55.png.f8672acc52d5724555db5784e528cf09.png

Has naspers a company who's share costs almost R3000 only paid out dividends of 480 cents!!!!

That is like a 0.16% dividend yield to me that just seems greedy as fck balls.

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

I see Assore Ltd has upped it's dividend to 500c per share bringing total dividend for the year to 700c.

Has naspers ever declared dividends since 2015 till now? If so, what was previous dividend per share?

Has naspers a company who's share costs almost R3000 only paid out dividends of 480 cents!!!!

480c ?? That's being greedy.

:blush: :blush: Proud Feminist and Oh I forgot Mama's Boy

Companies doing well don't need to pay dividends.

IQ Test

Sars wars continue

The Hawks’ continued investigation into the so-called “rogue unit” established at Sars during Gordhan’s tenure there have rocked economic stability and raised concerns over a possible sovereign credit downgrade this year.

This pursuit of the finance minister has cast a dark shadow over the local financial market and raised doubts as to the longevity of Gordhan’s position as minister of finance.

Emerging markets compete for favour

Emerging markets (EMs) have taken advantage of advanced economy inflows this year in the form of lower bond yields, stronger currencies and stronger stock markets.

Most recently, the European Central Bank (ECB) kept yield hunting alive by hinting at extending the monetary policy stimulus programme beyond March next year.

The competition between EMs to secure foreign investment is high, as investors in advanced economies seeking yield compare Brics countries and other EMs to allocate funds.

Turkey is one such EM competing for foreign investment favour, but was set back substantially in terms of capital outflows as the recently attempted political coup failed, and terrorist attacks sent the lira sharply lower.

With low volatility in the stock markets, traders look for any reason to create some action to profit from. In the case of South Africa, political instability and a credit ratings downgrade could be a tempting catalyst for aggressive market players to hit the sell button and plunge the rand deep-six.

Should we avoid political instability, this week should climax towards the weekend.

Other international movements

The Bank of England’s “Super Thursday” this week is unlikely to announce any surprises at its monetary policy committee meeting, where interest rate and asset purchase programme decisions will take place.

On Friday, critical data related to the path of US interest rates will be announced in the form of the inflation rate figures. Increased demand for the greenback through higher yields there impacts the strength of the dollar relative to the rand and would place more pressure on the rand to weaken.

Other important announcements this week include:

Monday

•  
  • CN FDI

Tuesday

•  
  • CN Industrial Production

• GB Inflation Rate

• DE ZEW Economic Conditions

Wednesday

•  
  • GB Unemployment Rate