Stock Watch Thread

Spreadsheet Ranger

Well, here's my ETFs:

2f79afeea4f01689b535914171414851.jpg

...and here's there very reason I hate single stocks... :(

585847b8c27d5b16c3edd464de5bc691.jpg

Feel my pain. Feel it!

Don't worry NEP killed me as well I have NEP, ROC and CCO (before it fell). I'm fcked I am writing that portfolio off as school fees there no hope left. (I was young and naive and immature at the time. Hard lesson learned the hard way in a costly manner. What did I learn? If 99% of the people say don't buy it, well... Don't.)

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

Never in a million years did I think this combo would be such an utter failure. What is the chances of this recovering? 

strix indi problem shares and their weights in the fund. Choose you ETF based on the company shares they hold.

SABMiller 20.71 as of resent events

Compagnie Fin Richemont 10.57 

MTN Group Ltd 6.25 

Bidvest 2.23 

Woolworths Holdings 1.98 

I dont follow ROC rather core shares protrax portfolio looks more attractive

DBX WORLD I like prefer US THOUGH

DBX jap maybe as a longer term view.

are you looking at the intra day results coz if you are you stressing for no reason TFSA is long term investment dont look at the intra day you will go crazy.

Never in a million years did I think this combo would be such an utter failure. What is the chances of this recovering? 

strix indi problem shares and their weights in the fund. Choose you ETF based on the company shares they hold.

SABMiller 20.71 as of resent events

Compagnie Fin Richemont 10.57 

MTN Group Ltd 6.25 

Bidvest 2.23 

Woolworths Holdings 1.98 

I dont follow ROC rather core shares protrax portfolio looks more attractive

DBX WORLD I like prefer US THOUGH

DBX jap maybe as a longer term view.

are you looking at the intra day results coz if you are you stressing for no reason TFSA is long term investment dont look at the intra day you will go crazy.

I like US as well hence why I have DBxWD ( 60% US exposure and the rest is what I call a buffer for if the US tanks a bit ) my theory thus far is yet to be proven hehe.

I am not really stressing just over dramatic in nature (I am holding the TFIA/TFSA for retirement so a good 20 - 30 years to go) although I would like to retire early in which case I might pass the TFSA/TFSI onto the offspring who knows.

Subscribe to afrifocus securities news letters or follow us on linked In you will get great investment info, trade ideas etf updates it worth a read. No sales pitches or cold calling. www.afrifocus.co.za . we just had a client event that was open to all interested. you guys really missed out on that.

Subscribe to afrifocus securities news letters or follow us on linked In you will get great investment info, trade ideas etf updates it worth a read. No sales pitches or cold calling.  www.afrifocus.co.za . we just had a client event that was open to all interested. you guys really missed out on that.

hmm, tried going to the website:

afrifocus.JPG.7a85d14c4e1105f627c2ed627356a2fc.JPG

Website may be hacked???

Edit: Nevermind, seems to be working now...

Subscribe to afrifocus securities news letters or follow us on linked In you will get great investment info, trade ideas etf updates it worth a read. No sales pitches or cold calling.  www.afrifocus.co.za . we just had a client event that was open to all interested. you guys really missed out on that.

hmm, tried going to the website:

Website may be hacked???

Edit: Nevermind, seems to be working now...

the sites not hacked enter the www.afrifocus.co.za to the search bar not google. we recently got a new website and moved offices. Then asked google to update our details and that's the reason it shows that.  Why that happens i have no idea. We did how ever get your email subscription request. Thanks

I stay clear of Nigeria these days.

True, I don't own anything on the NSE, but I do follow it, it's and interesting economy for me lots of opportunity if you have the right product from a business owner point of view.

@RayyaanS what is yoru feel on JSE CCO?

I before brexit they were looking to expensive for my liking, lots of unit trust held them the fall in price must have knocked unit trust performance luckily we never held them in our house portfolios at that time. I was a buyer at R50 i think i did make that recommendation on CCO in this thread.

I got me some adat IT about a year go and its been up and down waiting to see what happens after 13.00. DTC i see broke through the 5.30 price range which i thought would be its peak. its hard to tell with these small stocks they worth a punt for the long term. I mean no one saw ascendis being where it is and im glad i took a punt on that one @ 14.30-14.50.

DRD trading statement came out.http://www.moneyweb.co.za/mny_sens/drdgold-limited-trading-statement-for-the-year-ended-30-june-2016/

I dont understand gold buyers, just make 15% and sell the share, be happy don't keep chasing this gold fever nonsens. There is a huge difference in buying physical gold and a gold share, you dnt buy gold shares as a long term investment. Atleast thats my 2cents.