Stock Watch Thread

Spreadsheet Ranger

So Monday is upon us what factors will play a role this week I see that Trusco said on Friday that shareholders should practice cautioun when trading in shares until the diamond deal is done so that quite interesting I think I will just hold my Trusco shares for the time being.

On the other hand I really hope we can make some progress this week with PTXTEN and CTOP50 so much so that I can be on the green despite a bad day or two.

Same with DBXWD, DBxJP and STXIND

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

Ok, seems that the green on my screen started turning red, so I climbed out of Harmony and DRDGold, 16% and 12% up respectively (maybe a stupid move but when i see red, i sell) Looking now for the next venture! I see Verimark bailed almost 21% in one day, could they possibly regain this sometime?

I have another portfolio that I manage:

25% DbxWD

25% DbxJP

25% STXIND

25% ROC

I put R2K a month into this each month for the long haul, but dammit this year has not been good I think that portfolio is down 6% this year ( Still in the green overall, but YTD is -6% )

I think that is a good move gold is a short term hold.

I see Capco is falling freely I honestly thought 57 would be bottom line, but now. I don't know anymore JSE:CCO is falling rapidly.

Also bought Capco thinking the bottom line was near, wondering now if i should buy again to get the average price down.

Ok, seems that the green on my screen started turning red, so I climbed out of Harmony and DRDGold, 16% and 12% up respectively  ....

Well fck my insecurities this morning...

Question is when to get out of these gold stocks 'cos when they fall, boy... do they fall.

So looking at my short term investment portfolio tonight on Easy Equities. I have bought gold three times, making a profit and each time selling thinking it's on its way down again. There seems to be a lot of green everywhere, even my CCO is showing profit after i was finally able to get the average down to 55.92.

I am looking at Trusco again I have been watching them for years.

Duel listed here and in Namibia but what attracts me is they own and bought up a lot of prime land surrounding Windhoek and waiting to sell it later on when there is no property available something like that.

Yea, I want to sell my MTN this week, my average purchase price is R126, so I am in the profit, but I want to sell at R140. Hoping it will hit that by thursday, although I think it will only get there closer to the end of the month. Unless some rediculious news comes out of Nigeria and it totally tanks out to double digits.

Hi just my 5 cents, maybe the market is slowly falling in love here again MTN has finally resolved it’s Nigeria issues.

Also the market could be going a bit more defensive on one side, investors will be liking our telcom’s on valuations I think.

see what happens at 144

How risky is derivatives and futures? Comparing for someone who has enough chest for risk?

Risk to me is a funny thing.

Since I don't see it as risk if I don't spend my life's savings so to speak.

Take Lonmin and MTN, both would be classified as risky investments at the time yet to me it was a easy win form the start, they where low they wont close so what is the result? Ride the wave and take the profit. 

On a more serious note regarding derivatives and futures?

This link should answer that question in a lot more detail than what I can come up with:

Link -> http://www.investopedia.com/articles/active-trading/110614/futures-derivatives-and-liquidity-more-or-less-risky.asp

Futures are a great vehicle for hedging and managing risk; they enhance liquidity and price discovery. However, they are complicated and one should understand them before taking on any trades. The call for regulating standardized derivatives (exchange or OTC based) could have the negative side effect of drying up liquidity to fix something that is not necessarily broken.

JSE:EXX- Exxaro

Trust the growth

·       Target price R102, implying an upside of 24% from the current share price.

·       Exxaro’s ability to grow earnings(7% CAGR).

·       Dividend pay outs (4% CAGR) for FY16e.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK