How to buy Ethereum

Spreadsheet Ranger

Where is Jaxx's data stored? Distributed amongst your devices or is it on a jaxx.io server?

On the device itself so you have complete control and also sole responsibility.

Ok, understood. So we can agree Jaxx is a wallet and Shapeshift/Changelly exchanges? You have given good reviews of those platforms. Do you have experience with other Ethereum/altcoin wallets besides Jaxx?

Thanks for the compliment. Yes that is 100 corect.

I do, I use Jaxx because its easy, but blockchain.info has the bulk of my bitcoins and then I'm going to order a ledger wallet from @BitcoinZAR since that is the actual thing that you want.

However I have no experience with a hardware wallet yet, perhaps he'll be able to do us a review. If fact I think he did -> https://platinumwealth.co.za/forum/Thread-The-Bitcoin-thread?pid=2978#pid2978

That is bitcoin specific, but I think the principle remain. I will need to find his brother EthereumZAR to comment.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with Jaxx you can create a linked wallet on your PC or another device using your secret pass code. I've added the chrome plugin and it works exactly like the phone app.

I saw now on the wallet using that 12 code word phrase, but does this pair as in sync.

For example does this make wallet 1 on phone and wallet 2 on PC in sync meaning what I do on 1 happens on 2 as well?

In which case if the phone gets stolen you are still screwed?

Thank you all for the info. I opened a Luno account and will soon get a Jaxx one. Intention is to get Bitcoin and then convert to Ethereum and other altcoins. Jaxx looks good but the number of supported altcoins seems to be still limited.

i'm not sure if this is the correct place, or if anyone could help me.

I converted some ETH yesterday within Jaxx via Shapeshift to BTC. Still no BTC showing in Jaxx? Its more than 26 hours already. I had the higher fee enabled within options.

I converted some ETH yesterday within Jaxx via Shapeshift to BTC. Still no BTC showing in Jaxx? Its more than 26 hours already. I had the higher fee enabled within options.

I've had conversations take longer than 6 hours, but not this long, perhaps contact jaxx, I wish I knew a bit more to understand what is happening in the background. Soon we will have all the crypto geniuses on here.

I also am trying to get through the process and am stuck. Managed to get bitcoins into Jaxx and now trying to get Bitcoin to ETH but can't complete the process. I think the increased load on the network must be playing a part. Will keep trying and let you know...

Sent from my SM-G920F using the Platinum Wealth app

I transferred some ETH to Bitcoin via JAxx/shapeshift a short while ago and took about 8min to show. Was a larger amount though. Not sure how much you transferred, but small amounts normally take longer. Never took 26 hours though. I have found in the past that the wallet does not update, but normally after closing it (on you pc and phone) and re opening it it show immediately. Perhaps try that.

I emailed the transaction details to Shapeshift yesterday. This morning just after 1am the BTC appeared in my Jaxx wallet.

Holy cow udders, why do they make it this complicated to get Ethereum, surely, wtf?

This is beyond ridiculous

Rather show me a site where I can just go and buy the stuff, fk all this transferring and converting nonsense, that's just ludicrous

Awesome guide though.

Holy cow udders, why do they make it this complicated to get Ethereum, surely, wtf?

This is beyond ridiculous

Rather show me a site where I can just go and buy the stuff, fk all this transferring and converting nonsense, that's just ludicrous

Awesome guide though.

This. Where is Luno for Ether :(

IQ Test

For these who are not aware, what Ranger is referring to is Microsoft's new venture called Blockchain as a Service (BaaS). While Microsoft's BaaS is designed to work with a range of protocols, it has shown a preference for the ethereum blockchain. They are collaborating with JP Morgan Chase and Intel to bring the Ethereum platform into American homes by enabling their subscription services to be bought via the Ethereum smart contracts using Ether.

It is therefore possible to believe that they will put further development and resources into creating Ethereum specific exchanges and wallets with ease of use in mind.

• 3 weeks later...

Eish, I followed the guide and got my Ethereum all the way into http://ethereum-wallet.net/

And then it went down. It's been showing Be Right Back the whole morning. I really hope it comes back. Bought quite a bit.

Use Jaxx instead, I will update the op to add jaxx as an alternative it has come a long way.

As for http://ethereum-wallet.net/ message, it happens when they update their services, but going forward I would advise people use JAXX instead of http://ethereum-wallet.net/