New ETFs thread

Spreadsheet Ranger

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://coreshares.co.za/products/coreshares-sp-500/

The CoreShares S&P 500 ETF tracks the S&P 500® Index. The S&P 500® Index was created in 1957 as the first U.S. Market-Cap-weighted index. The S&P 500® index tracks 500 of the top companies in the U.S. economy. All the constituents must be U.S. companies with a market cap of USD 5.3 billion or greater.

http://coreshares.co.za/products/coreshares-sp-global-property/

The CoreShares Global Property ETF tracks the S&P Global Property 40 index. The S&P Global Property 40 index provides exposure to the 40 largest global property companies in developed markets that have earnings and dividend stability.

Join the official JSE Discord Channel

The above is also available on Easy Equities

JSE grants formal approval for listing

Friday, 14 October 2016 Declaration announcement released on SENS

Friday, 14 October 2016 Opening date of the initial subscription at 09h00 on:

Monday, 24 October 2016 Closing date of the initial subscription at 16h00 on1: 

Tuesday, 25 October 2016 Letters of allotment (each an LA) issued2:

Wednesday, 26 October 2016 Ramp-up Period in respect of cash subscriptions commences:

Wednesday, 26 October 2016 Announcement of results and conversion ratio in respect of initial subscription:

Wednesday, 2 November 2016Ramp-up Period in respect of cash subscriptions ends on or before 12h00 on:

Thursday, 3 November 2016 Listing of Securities3 from commencement of trading at 09h00 on:Friday, 4 November 2016

Stupid question...what does initial subscription mean? Can you buy shares before its open for trading on 4th November?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

JSE : DCCUSD looks interesting

http://itradedata.co.za/Data/005998/marketstats.htm?auth=y&ticker=DCCUSD

LISTING OF DOLLAR CERTIFICATES

The JSE Limited has granted FirstRand Bank Limited approval for the listing of 10 000 Dollar Custodial Certificates (“DCC’s”) which will be listed on the main board on the “Exchange Traded Funds” sector of the JSE under the alpha code “DCCUSD” and ISIN Code ZAE000234977 with effect from the commencement of business on 24 January 2017 and traded through any authorised user of the JSE.

The DCC’s represent the first inward listing of US Treasury notes on the JSE. This product will allow investors to invest their excess cash in US dollars, earn an income stream in US dollars, all settled in ZAR. The investment capital credit exposure is directly to the US Federal Reserve – enabling investors to avoid the credit risk associated with a normal foreign currency bank account.

Businesses and individuals may invest without limit, enabling excess cash to be dollarized. The DCCs are liquid and freely traded, making them an ideal working capital solution. Investment performance is directly related to the USD/ZAR exchange rate and the price performance of US Treasury notes.

The offer of DCCs constitutes an “offer to the public” as defined in the Companies Act, 2008 (“the Act”). The Offering Circular dated 24 January 2017 does not, nor is it intended to, constitute a “registered prospectus” (as defined in the Act).

The Offering Circular has been made available on the following website

http://www.rmb.co.za/globalmarkets/weTrade_Commodities_Dollar_Custodial_Certificate.asp.

STXILB I'm going to check out

NFILBI? http://etfcib.absa.co.za/Products/Exchange%20Traded%20Funds/FixedIncome/ILBI/Pages/default.aspx

Yea but maybe the satrix one opens cheaper then I can pick up them bargains.

Then again, bonds are not my thing so might have to skip these altogether.

If they follow the same/similar index then I doubt the opening price will have any effect. I think SATRIX is "missing out" on bond ETFs being more popular in recent times. Hard to beat ABSA's costs though.

I'm not terribly excited about these to be honest. The property one will have to do something different than the existing ones which either goes offshore, tracks the top 10 on the JSE or tracks the entire index.

If I'm not mistaken their property unit trust follows the top 20 so maybe it is that but just in ETF form.

IQ Test

Received this e-mail from EasyEquities

We’re giving you first dibbs!

You might have heard about the new Satrix Property and ILBI ETF's which will be available to buy on EasyEquities from 24 February 2017.

For those of you who are keen on getting first dibbs on these ETF’s, Satrix has offered you the opportunity to participate in an Initial Public Offering (IPO). This means you’ll be able to put in a request to be the first to buy the new shares at their opening price when they become available.

Need to knows

• For each rand you invest, you will receive 1 Letter of Allotment (LA) which will be credited to your EasyEquities account on 20 February 2017. Think of the LA as a record of the amount that you are willing to invest, until the conversion is announced and the actual ETF/s are credited to your account. 
  • We will notify Satrix of the total amount requested by our users and they will in turn purchase the underlying constituents of the ETF, less any costs. Did we mention you pay no brokerage fees on this investment? Yep. How cool is that?
  • On Wednesday 22 February 2017, Satrix will announce a conversion ratio which will be used to determine how many ETF’s each investor will receive.
  • On Friday 24 February 2017, the listing date, those LA’s will be removed from your EasyEquities account and your account will be credited with the new ETF/s accordingly.

This offer closes on 5pm on Wednesday, 15 February 2017, so if you want first dibbs - get in there!

• 2 weeks later...

@SimonPB I was thinking, you know what would be a pretty cool ETF?

Imagine an ETF that tracks IPOs?

So the idea is - a Lazy-Risk ETF

Basically an ETF that tracks IPOs for say 3 - 5 years and then ditch them like your momentum portfolio does, but instead of momentum it is based on IPOs.

I guess something like this won't work as good on the JSE as it would overseas since the JSE doesn't expand all that quickly, but surely there's some pudding to this idea?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Listing of AMI Big50 ex-SA Participatory Units

The information as it appears below has been extracted from the

Programme Memorandum and the Supplement relating to the AMI Big50

ex-SA ETF and utilises the terms and definitions contained therein.

Introduction

The JSE Limited (“JSE”) has approved the listing on the Main Board

of the JSE, Participatory Units in the AMI Big50 ex-SA ETF which

aims to track the AMI Big50 ex-SA Index and is an ETF in the Cloud

Atlas Collective Investment Scheme in Securities.

The AMI Big50 ex-SA Index

The AMI Big50 ex-SA Index is a market capitalisation weighted index

designed to serve as a benchmark for a broader representation of the

African equity markets, excluding South Africa.

In order to be eligible for inclusion in the AMI Big50 ex-SA Index a

company must be listed on an African exchange that is a member of

the African Securities Exchange Association (“ASEA”). The current

ASEA member exchanges are seen on http://www.african

exchanges.org/members/.

• 10 months later...

It's the global equivalent of STXDIV.

I'm quite keen on the ETF because of the nature of dividend indices, and the fact that they behave differently to other indices, which is really good for diversification. Basically, in a bull market, div ETFs tends to underperform. However, in a fluctuating market, they typically outperforms the Top40, and in a bear market, its losses are less than other indices. The current JSE crash over the last two weeks is a perfect example, as the two dividend indices STXQUA and STXDIV, for example, have been hit much less than the other indices, and are actually still quite green measured over the last three months.

I'm definitely going to buy in, and keep it as part of my portfolio until they come out with a global quality ETF (basically a global STXQUA) which may be even better.

Dividend ETFs are especially nice in a TFIA, as the fairly large dividends are tax free, and also, one tends to re-invest rather than spend the dividends.

Here's a good read which also mentions the fund: https://www.moneyweb.co.za/mymoney/moneyweb-personal-finance/the-benefits-of-dividend-investing/

• Like 1